Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Cichlid Guessing Game

294K views 2K replies 53 participants last post by  nashihoude 
#1 ·
We have not had a guessing game for a long time, so I thought I would start one.
Just a few rules:
1. Has to be a Cichlid!
2. Scientific name required (unless it is such a common aquarium strain that the common name is well known to just about everybody)
3. Should be an actual species, not a hybrid (or at least fit the type of a common aquarium strain)
4.No hints. (Unless there have been many, many wrong guesses or no one is getting it after many weeks.)
5. If you guess right, you are suposed to post a new picture for others to guess at. You have 48 hours.....if you do not post a picture then anyone else is free to put up a new picture in order to keep the game going.

You can use pictures of your own fish, pictures from the internet, or pictures scanned form books.
I think a guessing game is good practice for identifying cichlids. Good practice for all of us, but especially to those who are fairly new to Cichlids.
I'll start:

See less See more
#47 ·
OK brinkles, 2nd time i have to post apic because you haven't or are unwilling. If you want to guess at the very easy ones, but are unwilling to post a pic, guess at this one . It's genus should be more then obvious, though species is a little tough. Time to put up or shut up!

#48 ·
Gee, that one's not that tough. I was waiting to see if someone else was going to guess, but I "guess" not! :lol:

Appears to be Teleocichla cinderella, but I suppose I could be mistaken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.