General African Cichlid Discussion • what do you guys think about my stocking?

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: Floridagirl, DJRansome

Postby ChoxRox » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 am

When you say you want it as a "grow out" tank, I'm a bit confused. What are you growing them out for? Do you have a bigger tank, or one planned?

If you have a bigger tank (or one in mind), perhaps we can help you with stocking that, and then you can stock your grow out to match. Did that make sense? heh
ChoxRox

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby 13razorbackfan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:22 am

JackDeez wrote:I actually like the tank setup itself.

I cant really tell from the video but is there much in the way of caves for them to hide in ? You may want to adjust the rocks a tad so there is places they can get into. Hiding places can help curb a lot of aggression. Somthing to think about when you get your stocking sorted :thumb:
I agree with you about the tank itself.....it looks VERY impressive for a 40g. The rock work is very nice.
13razorbackfan

Postby DanniGirl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:36 am

DJRansome wrote:I think sraiders is having a little fun with us. :thumb:

LOL- I'm staying out of this one. 8)
DanniGirl

Postby sdraiders619 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:49 am

13razorbackfan wrote:
JackDeez wrote:I actually like the tank setup itself.

I cant really tell from the video but is there much in the way of caves for them to hide in ? You may want to adjust the rocks a tad so there is places they can get into. Hiding places can help curb a lot of aggression. Somthing to think about when you get your stocking sorted :thumb:
I agree with you about the tank itself.....it looks VERY impressive for a 40g. The rock work is very nice.

Thanx man! Each lava rock is around 11 bucks at my lfs but I got all 31 pounds of it for 7 bucks at my local brick and stone yard!
sdraiders619

Postby sdraiders619 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:50 am

ChoxRox wrote:When you say you want it as a "grow out" tank, I'm a bit confused. What are you growing them out for? Do you have a bigger tank, or one planned?

If you have a bigger tank (or one in mind), perhaps we can help you with stocking that, and then you can stock your grow out to match. Did that make sense? heh

well what I do is keep the babies till they grow an inch or 2 then I give them to the lfs for 1/3 store credit and start the process over again, I've been doing this for over a year now and have never had any problems
sdraiders619

Postby sdraiders619 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 am

sdraiders619

Postby DJRansome » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:43 am

And, see, I'm worried about my little 1/4" babies in a 20L in case it might not be enough room. :thumb:
125G Aulonocara, Malawi Haps, Vics (trial), S Polli
75G Demasoni, Labs, Cyno hara, Met estherae, S Multipunctata
75G Calvus, Caudopunctatus, Cyp Kerenge, S Petricola
33G Neo omnicaeruleus; 33G Flameback Kisumu; 33G P nyererei Igombe; 33G Hap ruby green
DJRansome

Previous

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion