Cichlid Fish Forum banner

What kind of blueberry

845 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lilcountrygal 
#1 ·
I'm almost embarassed to ask this question :oops:

I got some of these guys tonight.... I ordered OB Blueberry Zebras, but they were in a tank full of Peacocks (it was a mixed tank). Are they an OB Zebras or Peacocks?

(sorry for the picture... every time I approach the tank, everyone goes nuts thinking its feeding time)

See less See more
#4 ·
Welp... had another thread about Peacocks with Mbuna in the Malawi section. Wasnt quite ready to start on peacocks now, but I guess trial by fire.

Thanks all.....

#6 ·
I know some people frown on the practice, but I have never had an issue with mixing adult peacocks and "reasonable" mbuna. By reasonable mbuna, I pretty much mean NOT melanocromis and not kenyi. Some others like flavus, crabro might be borderline. Also the peacocks should not be smaller than most of the mbuna. When I have followed those two guidelines my peacock/mbuna mix tanks have worked out very well.

This is especially so with OB peacocks, which in my experience can be quite agressive and remember that OB peacocks are likely some cross between peacocks and mbuna anyway.

#8 ·
The most aggressive I have in my tank now (and tank boss) is a Zebra(s). the rest are yellow labs and Rustys. I do have some c. moorii. The c. moorii (and these peacocks) are going in my 125 that I'm currently setting up. So far, no one is messing with the Peacocks. They are living relatively peacefully as everyone is fighting with everyone else and not giving them a second thought :D

I have no desire to keep Auratus/Kenyi/Demasoni, etc. Been there; done that. Wont do it again lol.

thanks for the advice everyone! I actually like the look of Peacocks and might try and pick up a couple more when the 125 is running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.