Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Stock for my new 200 gallon.

5K views 48 replies 10 participants last post by  lgw 
#1 ·
I am getting my new 200 gallon on Feb 25th and I was wondering if the stock will be ok to transfer.

1- 16" Jaguar
1- 7" Red Devil
1- 8" JD
1- 8" Mayan
1- 7" Red Head
1- 12" Pleco

Can I add anything else or leave it as it is when they move into the big house.

#34 ·
mlancaster said:
Hi bzartler86,

The tank/stand/hood look great. But more importanly, your RD is awesome; he has awesome colors and body shape. It looks like his fins are a bit messed up; does he get picked on in your tank?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt his fins where like that when I bought him I saved him from a Pacu twice his size that was tearing him up. He is actually one of the more aggressive in my tank and has his own territory.

#35 ·
They seem to love it. They are setting up territories. Chasing each other but that's normal. I feel kind of bad for the JD he's the only one with out a territory and gets picked on a lot it seems like. But it's still early so I want to see what happens with the territories and stuff like that.

#42 ·
hmm that might work for myself down the road aslo. Im trying to plan my homes remodeling with the inclusion of a big tank haha.

My Mayan is just under 5 inches and she has to be kept solo at this point. I cannot believe how she instantly blasts any fish she sees.

#46 ·
Here is my new issue with this tank. Since it is an older tank and oceanic stopped making it I need to find a way to get some glass tops on here. There isn't a real center brace because there is a glass support right in the middle. I know the depth is 24 inches and from the side to the glass support is 30 inches what can I get for some kind of glass tops?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.