DIY - Projects & Ideas • My 125 Male Peacock/Hap.. Pictures!

This is for do-it-yourself projects and inventions.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Postby TrashmanNYC » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Just curious, how much silicone did you use for the background?
Robb
125G All Male Peacock/Hap, Syno Multis, Syno Angelicus
125G Rusties, Clown Labs, P. Salousi, Syno Multis, Yo-Yo Loaches
55G SA Koi Angels, Marble Angels, Serpae Tetras, Bolivian Rams, Panda Corys
55G Quarantine/Holding/Grow-out
30G Fry/Juvie Grow-out
TrashmanNYC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby S14Swap240sx » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 pm

m1ke715m wrote:fda approved means you can use it to make silicone molds for like chocolate.. not that you can eat it hahaha you funny as #%$&..

the background is still going to take awhile to cure cuz no air gets back there to speed up the curing process.. wait till you cant smell it anymore.. if you still smell it, its not done curing.. i dont care what anyone says

this tank aint getting water in it until march 19th when i get back from costa rica.. and then even at that point 50% water changes daily for a week and then i leave to nicaragua for like 10 days.. prob wont put anything in the tank until late april

the smell was very faint after 24 hours.. its pretty nice how fast this silicone cures.. still aint in no rush tho

neways when i first did the 3d background i used a tube for the middle, and half a tube for the sides... after taking it off with scrapers and anger.. that was way to much.. now when i reinstalled the center i used a mear 1/4 of a tube.. did a thick outline, with a thick x.. when you apply pressure with wood it spreads on the glass.. i also recoated the tank seams incase any residual old bad silicone fell on them. i prepped the glass with alochol an then dried it well.. and used a damp rag to clean the back of the 3d background.

i trimmed the background to a tight fit.. honestly i gotta say the silicone is prob just a safety net if anything

still tempted to eat this silicone.. wash down with jager.. im not sure which would be worse for you in the end.
S14Swap240sx

Postby m1ke715m » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 pm

its not edible you spaz hahaha.. theres food grade silicone for making molds lmfao did you scrape all the old silicone off the back of the background?
m1ke715m

Postby S14Swap240sx » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:09 pm

m1ke715m wrote:its not edible you spaz hahaha.. theres food grade silicone for making molds lmfao did you scrape all the old silicone off the back of the background?

No way.. i broke it off piece of piece with a scraped and small saw.. i have an extra sheet and part of another sheet that i didnt use. so i set that up in the tank.. and i was short half another piece so i got one more sheet from design by nature.. it came in today. gonna throw it on after 5.

been working on the sump during the day at work.

its coming out so good.. i guess cause its the second time around at this.
S14Swap240sx

Postby S14Swap240sx » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 am

sumps done,, just gonna clean up some silicone and its good to go
S14Swap240sx

Re: My 125 Male Peacock/Hap.. Pictures!

Postby S14Swap240sx » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 am

here are some updates.

added more rocks this weekened

some fish

added pothos to the sump.. has grown about 8 leafs (pics are a month old already)

blacked out the back
S14Swap240sx

Re: My 125 Male Peacock/Hap.. Pictures!

Postby S14Swap240sx » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 pm

another little update.

these pictures are about a month old.. just added a bunch more gorgeous fish.. its best to wait until night time tho because i have glare issues with the camera during the day

sump gets alot of light.. really could use some doors.. mucho algae
S14Swap240sx

Previous

Return to DIY - Projects & Ideas