Zombie thread, back from the dead.
I was unhappy with the single outlet for the water changes, that had me using a long piece of 1 inch on a side line of the return both to send water to the drain, and to circulate water by bleeding a bit off the USandJ system on the return.
I decided to run a single dedicated run to the drain, and a separate dedicated run to the sump, valving between then depending on what I was doing at the time.
I hacked off the whole 1" assembly at the 1" vavle, but as much as I tried, I could not figure how to run the two separate 1 inch lines without valving each one. At least this way I can drain the drain line so water is not sitting in it between water changes.
ANOTHER THING!!!! The tile sponge I used as a vibration dampener totaly disintegrated after a 10 week immerson, it was literally the consistency of wet toilet paper, it was just chunks floating around in the sump, gross. SORRY to anyone who followed my lead there, I replaced it was some artificial sponges from the dollar store, they are just foam sponges.
Here are the photos:
Here's the drain line back in the tank for circulation:
New and improved:
The drain run
I put an extender on the return end to keep the returned water from going right back into the pump
I also FINALLY cleaned out that disgusting intake floss, it was 8 weeks after cycle was complete and probably 4 months since I installed it, super nasty, I will spare the pictures on that one.
Thanks everyone, I think it's done at this point. I will snap some pictures of the new 3/8 bulletproof tops that I am almost finished with. Bulletproof as in literally.