DIY - Projects & Ideas • Rock backwall

This is for do-it-yourself projects and inventions.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Postby theyangman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

how are you filtering this tank? hobs and canisters are gonna be hard to fit over that bg now...
theyangman

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby 12packdale » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 am

Hob will still fit i have a pic with a ten running earlier in post. But on this tank is cannister
12packdale

Postby whiskeyriver » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Just one man's opinion, but something about round river rocks going vertically just doesn't look too natural. Round rocks just don't stack like that in nature. Looks more like wallpaper or a computer background than an aquarium background. You obviously typically see squared off, flatter rocks stack up in lakes and rivers, or smaller piles of round rocks. Not a vertical wall of round rocks.

Just something to consider before you go through all this trouble. It's pretty. It just doesn't look very natural. If you are cool with that, go for it! Again, just an opinion.
whiskeyriver

Postby 12packdale » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Ya i hear u but for i couldnt find the rocks i was personally looking for. And i think i disagree with it not looking natural where do u think rocks lkke that came from. Granted i could make it more eco friendly for my fish but thats a diff story. And agree with opinion thanks for reply
12packdale

Postby 12packdale » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 pm

So what do u think should i continue or leave it as is?
[img][img]http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/12packdaled/517d60de.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
12packdale

Postby Rhinox » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:11 pm

That looks nice. I'd maybe tail off the lower part more towards the right. I'd also paint the glass black so there was some kind of background where the rocks stop, unless you like being able to see through.

That 10g all done up looks like a little feng shuei (butchered spelling I'm sure) zen garden or something. I like it, but I don't know if I'd have the patience to do it.
Rhinox

Postby 12packdale » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Ya i plan on painting back black. I had thought about bringing the bottom out farther but like u said patience is about out lol.
12packdale

Previous

Return to DIY - Projects & Ideas