My haps and peacocks..

35K views 126 replies 40 participants last post by  johnchor 
#1 ·
Just wanna share some pics of my haps and peacocks.. :wink:

[/url]

See less See more
#105 ·
Husnain said:
Maylandi rocks... rest of the fish are also awesome...
Thanks dude!

Here are a couple new pics..

Lethrinops sp. "Red Cap"

Placidochromis phenochilus "Mdoka Whitelips"

Aulonocara sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri"

Aulonocara stuartgranti (Hai Reef)

Aulonocara sp. "Dragonblood"

Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus

Aulonocara Ob Strawberry

Aulonocara Mamelela

#113 ·
@SeahorseDeb, thanks! I'm only using a point and shoot cam Canon powershot A1200 :)

@superemone, okay I'll try to post fts in the next coming days.

@papasmurf, so far he gets along well with the others and doesn't mind him at all. He's around 3inches now and I can't wait to see him in his full colors when he matures. I'll just update from time to time. Btw, how big is your albus now?

#115 ·
WOW...ALL of your fish are nice but my personal favorites are below. :)

angeljin17 said:
Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe) 1

Lethrinops sp. "Red Cap" (Itungi)

maylandi

azureus

albino pea

ob pea
Out of those I like the Red Cap the best! :thumb:

#116 ·
Pretty much just a silver fish with some red striations in his fins and a bit of glimmer on his cheek. I plan on moving him to another tank and seeing if he colors back up but also listed him for sale in the hopes that someone might have a more relaxed setup they could work him into. I have an mchenga male that is the same story....pretty when spawning in the other tank but loses most of his color when with the big boys. BTW...what kind of lighting do you have on your tank? I am running 4 54W T5's (two 10k and two 6500k) and am not really pleased with the lighting. I have some plants in the tank which is why I went with the 6500's but the 10k bulbs are kind of dissappointing on their own as well. One of the bulbs is a coral life and the other is a zoo med...can't say anything good so far about the CL bulb and am thinking of going DIY LED.

#118 ·
@60gallon, thanks! but my redcap died last week for an unknown reason together with my firefish though I'm suspecting of the frequent climate change in our place as the reason. My friend's CA/SA set-ups also suffered some casualties.

@papasmurf, perhaps you can try to put him in a solo tank, groom him and see if there'll be any changes. Could you post pics of them? I'ts just really disappointing losing my redcap and firefish but I'm planning to replace them as soon as they'll be available from my source here. With regards to lighting, I'm using an Arcadia marine white T8 only though I'll be adding a marine blue T8 soon for the 50/50 combo. DIY led is good also imo.

@spotmonster, my dragonblood is red but not that much while the firefish is more of pinkish. The orange ones are called strawberry here. I guess the redness also depends on their genes aside from the effect of their diet.

#119 ·
along with about 8 or 9 others. I think it was hemorrhagic septicemia...it developed really quickly and was pretty disgusting to see what it would do to what was a perfectly healthy fish in about 2-3 days time. I finished treatments a week ago and have been watching all the other fish to make sure everything is okay again before adding and others and I am going on vacation soon and would rather add new fish afterwards. I've got what was sold to me as a yellow blaze lithobates but it does not have anywhere near as much color as yours. It looks to be a male but is almost jet black with an orange stripe to the dorsal and part of the tail area. The blaze is not developed and the fish is a good 3". I have a suspicion it may be a red blaze "aristo" lithobates that was in the wrong tank. That is a really nice Maleri you have as well...all of them look good!

#122 ·
@papasmurf, sorry to hear man. My show tank also had gone to different kinds of diseases (bloat,ich,tb) which almost wipe-out all my haps and peas. Due to this I've lost interest in the hobby before, but I've realized that they're all just part of it so I decided to go on and re-stock and collect again all that's on my wishlist :)
With regards to your lithibates, I think it's the one with the black orange dorsal variant.

@Diamond, yes it's an all-male tank. When I got him from my source he's already colored up. He retained this coloration while in my tank until I lost him for an unknown reason maybe due to the frequent climate change here in the Philippines.

#126 ·
Absolutely stunning fish and tank!! Hw long have you had the fronts in there? He are they doing? I typically read tht peacocks and haps are to aggressive and active for fronts as tank mates...but I've always wanted one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.