Lake Tanganyika Species • Advice needed on New Tropheus Setup

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: triscuit, Floridagirl

Postby 24Tropheus » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 pm

To be honest I do not know what it is. Kind of hate to think of all the young uns I have killed over the years. I think about 5 years in the wild and up to about 10 years in captivity is doing well. Too often aggression or equipment failure has stopped em for me. My oldest Troph a female surprisingly enough was 12 years old when she finally gave up or rather I popped her into a tank that was too rough for her. Dunno but 4 foot tanks etc are OK for breeding but for a colony I have had most success with a 200g 7x2x2 foot tank. Sadly even that failed when small fingers switched off the filter for one week when I was not around. I tend to think the smaller the tank and the lower the numbers the shorter the life on average. Though singles can go on for years. A successful group is about 5 years. Not succeeded at this in under a 60" tank yet myself.

All the best James
Tanks 180, empty revamping 100,65,60g Tropheus/tang communities 75g revamping. 29gx3 shelly communities, 29g Trigs breeding. 20gx2 shelly tanks. BCA member 207. Try it you might like it.
24Tropheus

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Previous

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species