Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Male or Femal Green Terror?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  cindy28358 
#1 ·
Is this a male or female green terror? I was sold this as a male. Sorry for the blurry pic.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone? I know the picture is blurry and I will take a few more clearer pictures soon.

Can anyone give me hope for a male?

#4 ·
dwarfpike said:
How long is it? The size will help determine, though a better pic would help more. :thumb:
Approximately 3".

I will take some better pics as soon as I get home from work.

If this turns out to be female, I will be on a search for a male.

#6 ·
Here is a higher quality picture of my unknown gendered Green Terror.

Can anyone identify if this is a Male or Female, now?

Please? :p

#8 ·
At three inches any guess is a stretch. It isn't big enough to start demonstrating any male characteristics so you really can't tell. Wait until it is a few inches longer and you should start to see an elongation of the dorsal fin and somewhat of the beginnings of a nuchal hump if it is male. Hope this helps.

#9 ·
I have 2 terrors and had no idea on the sex until yesterday I noticed wigglers in the tank and the mom protecting them viciously. I've only had them for just over a month. I purchased them they both were appox 1.5 inches.. The male has grown to about 3 in the female has barely changed at all... Maybe 2 inches at the most. She is much darker than the male, almost a charcoal color. The picture you have looks like my male.

I had no idea they were of breeding age and just bought the 2 because i was stocking my tank after being upset because I couldn't find Convicts on the island.

I'm in no way and expert, but compared to my 2, yours looks like my male.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.