Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Post Cynotilapia Pictures!

78K views 249 replies 72 participants last post by  promoe 
#1 ·
I wanted to create a post for Cynotilapia pictures... Please post any you have of your Cynos!

#131 ·
F1 afra cobue (taken a while back) will update as soon as i can get a good shot of him. Hes @ 2"-2-1/2" here

wild afra Magunga

Young F1 1-1/2"-2" Magunga male

I will also post up pics of some of the albino cobwe i have as soon as they get bigger. *** got like 7 of them to take my pick from to keep. :thumb:

#133 ·
tires_6792 & Belexes, very excellent looking Cobwe. Near my ideal of 'perfect' patterns!

cjacob316, Just give him a little more time & he'll be a show-stopper! Each one shows a slightly different variation on coloration & patterning. I've been extremely fortunate to have a seemingly stable species-only set-up in a 40BR with 3 DOM males/3 subDOMs/8 females. Check out the variation in the 3 DOMs. Look at the egg spots, the penetration of bars into the dorsal etc.... These are all from the samr batch of F1s!

#139 ·
bearded lab said:
There are some incredible fish, and some terrific photos on this thread! I didn't know cynotilapia were so popular. The cyno. sp. hara were especially sweet, they might be the fish to put with my labs, especially if they were f0 or f1 like the ones thevein had!
go for it, i think the very light color would look great against the yellow lab

#141 ·
Trying to get shots af these guys from the same angle--so the quality is suboptimal :oops:

I was looking at the afra (top pic) and the mbamba (middle pic) and thinking how close the coloration patterns were to each other...you know... yellow tail outline, yellow streak with white tips on dorsal etc.... and got to comparing the blue x black barring thru the body. After looking over all of the males, it appears that the afra typically have black bars about 1/2 the width of the blue bar and the mbamba the opposite.

Just out of the same curiosity I looked at the Chiny. Seems pretty close to equal blue to black width.

Any observations from your groups?

#151 ·
MHenrichs48 said:
tires_6792 said:
Nice fish. not used to seeing a cobue with solid black stripe thru dorsal like that. :D
Is the solid black stripe a good thing or a bad thing? He's the only Cyno I have so I don't know too much about them.
Im not sure, may just depend on the line.

Here is a link to another "cobue" with same type dorsal.
http://www.african-cichlid.com/AfraCobue.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.