Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Post Cynotilapia Pictures!

78K views 249 replies 72 participants last post by  promoe 
#1 ·
I wanted to create a post for Cynotilapia pictures... Please post any you have of your Cynos!

#56 ·

Here's my juvie pics. They were being held in the 30g until I got my big tank set up. I also have pundamilia nyererei juvies in there.

#58 ·
This is no longer considered a Cynotilapia and has been reclassified as Metriaclima mbweca, but I thought he deserved to be mentioned and shown:

#60 ·
S4surf, very interesting cobwe there. Never seen one that turns it's bars off so much--looks very cool!

przezda, Nice looking Jalo Reefs! Especially like the last male. While bar extensions into the dorsal are quite normal (such as in the first male), I LOVE the look of the ones with the uninterrupted yellow. 8)

CichlidWhisperer, my tank raised group from way back looked exactly like yours (see the species article for Cyno Mbweca here) , however the WC ones I got are much different looking and appear to me to better match Ad's pics in his books.

#63 ·
moonlight said:
S4surf,
I have never seen Cobues like that! Outstanding, I would love to have a group like that, they look like a whole new fish without the bars.
Thanks for the comments. they were a very nice group and very prolific. Their dad always showed his stripes but his fry always seemed to keep them hidden. I personally like them more without the bars, but I can see why people like the stripes. To each his own :)

Steve

#65 ·
Here are a few of mine. All except the Hara and the Red Top Likoma are housed in my 80 Gallon all-male Mbuna tank though some of these shots were before i released them into the general population! :lol:

Cynotilapia Sp. "Hara"

Cynotilapia Afra "Red Top" Likoma

Cynotilapia Sp. "Mbamba" Mphanga Rocks

Cynotilapia Sp. "Lion" Lion's Cove

Cynotilapia Afra Chimate

Cynotilapia Sp. "Jalo"

Cynotilapia Afra Cobue (From Nick A's Line)

Cynotilapia Sp. "Lion" Lupingu

#68 ·
cyc949, your doing well with that Cobwe :thumb: --glad you're one the one's that picked those up!

Very curious about the C. sp. "Lion" Magungas Why, keep the pics coming as they get comfortable.

My C. sp. lion Sanga group has finally settled in and is starting to get bizzy!

#71 ·
New Cyno for me. C. sp 'elongatus mbenji blue' (formerly Ps.)

Still working with the Chinys. This guy is from the very first batch of F1s.

And working three variations of the albino afra cobwe. keeping some of the fry from the yellow female separate from the rest to see how they develop.

#76 ·
Wow, all of these pics have me :drooling: ! I have a question though. At what size do the Afras really start to color up? I have some Jalo Reefers that I mail ordered from a well known dealer as juvies 2 months ago. I've had my eye on at least 2 that seem to be slightly bigger(maybe an 1 1/2") as well as showing a bit more color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.