Aquarium Setup • Broken top center support on 55 gal tank

New to the world of cichlids? For discussion on how to set up new tanks, including placement, filtration, substrates, water, etc. No stocking discussions here.

Moderators: triscuit, fmueller

Broken top center support on 55 gal tank

Postby iddukes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I mistakenly broke the top center support on my 55 gal tank. It broke in the center, both ends are still attached to the top frame, but one is partial broken at the top frame. What should I do? Is it fine as is or should I somehow fix it?

Thanks
iddukes

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby remarkosmoc » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:40 pm

its there for a reason, it helps support the long side of the glass from bowing. could be fine for years and years to come or could fail today.

there was a similar question posted a couple month ago and someone posted where to get a replacement plastic top frame for standard sized tanks. I'd do some searching.
"It occurs to me, if I ever did perfect a time machine, I would just go into the past and give it to myself; thus eliminating the need to invent it in the first place." -- Sheldon Cooper
remarkosmoc

Postby iddukes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks, I looked a few pages back and I know about the search function but I'm not that good at getting good results. During my lunch I want to a local shop and found that the center support is required and at the same time I also picked up a complete new top frame with a center support. So I guess problem solved.
iddukes

Postby remarkosmoc » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Cool. For future reference, I've found that googling the site works better than the search function in the site. For example, google "broken top frame site:cichlid-forum.com"
"It occurs to me, if I ever did perfect a time machine, I would just go into the past and give it to myself; thus eliminating the need to invent it in the first place." -- Sheldon Cooper
remarkosmoc

Return to Aquarium Setup