Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Tropheus Moorii Kaiser Ikola - What are they like?

15K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  zebadee73 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am thinking of ordering Tropheus Moorii Kaiser Ikola as I really like their colouring. Before I do so I have a few questions.

1) How agressive are they relative to the 'Blacks'
2) In a group of 15 fish what is the optimal M/F ratio in your experiences
3) Are they worth the cash relative to other more readily available tropheus?
4) What are their general parenting skills like?

Oh.. to answer a few questions I may be asked, they'll be kept in a 4 foot 220L species only tank.

Thanks,

#28 ·
zebadee73 said:
Well, I did it. I have bought and paid for 15 F1 Ikola, 12 females and 3 males. They are being delivered in four weeks time and as soon as they are settled in I will post photos.

Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions, I really apreciate it. :thumb:
Congrats on the purchase of your new fish. What size will they be? Because if they are under 3.5" they are going to be really hard to sex. So how they can guarantee you 3m/12f might be a bit iffy.

#33 ·
Hi John

Where you get these tropheus from and what was the cost?? Did you have to pay extra for the male/female ratio??

I've just bought 24 ikola juveniles about 4 months ago and i'm down to 19 but they have really settled now!!
However i really want to be able to get another colony of a different variant and a larger size if you know the sex ratio.

Good luck with your new colony!!

Regards

Ricky :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.