Cichlid Fish Forum banner

First Shots of New 150 Gallon!

7K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  dwarfpike 
#1 ·
Here's my first shots of my new 150 gallon bow front.

Hope you like!

Full Tank Shot

Left Side

Detail

Middle Piece

Right Side

Thoughts/Comments welcome :)

See less See more
#14 ·
What Kind of sand did you use?

#16 ·
Did the sand look dark to you when it was in the package, cause I like the color of your sand but when I picked up a bag of poolfilter sand it was dark.

#22 ·
Thanks very much Arctic!!

I gotta tell ya when I was setting this tank up I didn't think I had much of a shot and it looking natural - I guess that shows my decorating inexperience :lol:

I still have no idea what I want to keep in this tank - I've considered everything from Festae or Midas to Geophagus.

Also maybe a zonatus? Here I go again... :?

Please make some suggestions!

#23 ·
Green terrors would accent nicley in there. With Geophagus.

#24 ·
I think your orginal idea would be perfect ... a single pearsei/borcouti (sp.?)/or argentea mixed in with a pair of spilurus and a single robertsoni would give you a lot of color and movement. Could even add in another single central as well for a differant color, or even like a pair of firemouths for some red.

You could also go with a group of geophagus altifrons and some smaller south americans with them, they would love the sand of course. Stay away from satanoperca species if adding chocolates or green terrors though.

#26 ·
Alas, I know bocourti and pearsei are very mellow for their size, but most viejas are rough though they are usually rough towards members of their own family. Never had a tank big enough for them ... yet. :oops:

Might want to ask over in the Central area though. :thumb: Not everyone checks every area here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.