Cichlid Fish Forum banner

ick stains

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chillout 
#1 ·
hope this is the right thread. i just treated some inor ick issues for about 3 days. the medication stained the silicon in all 4 corners of my tank as well as the artificial driftwood. is there any way to fix this? will an algae scrubber do anything to get it off. the corners of the tank are all blue and the driftwood looks like its radioactive.

#5 ·
this is the odd thing. I've used "ich" treatments, and I use methalyne blue to sterilise tanks (usually when I buy them, cause their almost all secondhand) and none of them have stained silicone.

however on 1 tank (which I had to replace the silicone after it developed a leak) it did stain, but only the 1 out of 13 tanks I have

#6 ·
Well if you used Clout then that will do it. I have a 20G that has had blue silicone for over a year. It is a permanent stain. I wouldn't use Clout for ick either as it is a bit harsh when you can simply add salt and raise the temp and get the same effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.