Cichlid Fish Forum banner

parrot fish eggs

6K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  TheFishGuy 
#1 ·
yesterday i went to clean out the tank.....
so i pulled out my parrot fish`pot and i saw these little spots inside of it, well needless to say they were eggs. So i put the pot back in really quick, and the stupid boy fish bit me.... but anyway.... they didn't eat them after that riot.... they aren't fungused eggs.... they look like they are fetile.... so hopefully they will hatch.... dad patrols the area and takes care of the eggs.... mom kind of got kicked out of the house.... but sometimes he will let her in....
I hope i get fry!!!

#8 ·
Quintin - http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... php?id=518 is the profile for the parrot cichlid ... sometimes called "true parrot" though I'm trying to lead the revolution to just call it the parrot cichlid!!! :D

Bloodparrot's are a manmade created fish, a mix of three species in a test tube orginally, though now are bred like normal cichlids. You can always google them, I dislike hybrids/trispecific fish so won't most links to them here. :lol:

#12 ·
LJ - normally you have to special order them online ... they are very rare in nature to begin with, and hate each other so rarely do collectors find many at the same location. Hence their rarity and expense.

TFG - Heh ... too many pretty real cichlids ... but I think we might have scared off the OP with our parrot cichlid talk!! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.