Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Power Head Suggestions?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bentcountershaft 
#1 ·
I have three canisters and want a little more flow in my 180 gallon. I have good filtration - just want some better surface movement. Not looking at more filtering. Any suggestion on brand or model number? Have never owned one before so don't even know what to look for in features. Or are they all about the same anyways?

#2 ·
I have had good experiences with both Penguin and AquaClear powerheads. Penguins are a bit less expensive and have a better warranty, but I've run both brands for years and don't really have anything bad to say about either. I think the Penguin 1140 might be too small for your tank at 300 gph, but you might consider the AquaClear 70 (400gph) or the 110 (900gph). It really depends on how much water movement you're looking for.

#4 ·
I like my 3 maxi-jets... one is a 600 the other two are 1200.
You can also check the product "reviews" here for a better idea. The button is 3rd from the end on the top row of each page :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.