Cichlid Fish Forum banner

How Long Can You Go without Changing things in Your Tank?

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Alleycat 
G
#1 ·
How long before changing things around in your tank?
1 week48.70%
1 month1532.61%
6 months1634.78%
Over a year919.57%
Never24.35%

G
#2 ·
I can't seem to leave things the way they are. Always want to add this, add that, remove this, remove that; which include fish, plants, deco, and whatever. Never satisfied. Just wondering how long people usually go before needing to tinker. For me is about one month, then I have to do something. Otherwise, I go nuts. :D

#4 ·
I think the fish would prefer to stay in one appropriate sized tank with the same decor... but as long as each set up we create is suitable for the fish we keep then I see no harm in tweeking things until we get them right.

#8 ·
I've gone more than 6 months, but I don't think I've made a year yet. Last year I moved the mbuna from 38G to 125G. Last week I removed the Socolofi and bought Cynotilapia Blue Reef to replace them. And Calvus for the 38G.

Next year? Marine!!

#9 ·
I constantly change things around. I used to tell myself that I did it because I'm not the best aquascaper and it takes me several tries to get it "right". Only bad part was even when I got a tank looking really, really, good, it isn't long before I change things around again! There goes that theory.... :wink:

G
#12 ·
I usually don't tinker too much with the deco, but always changing the stocking list. Mostly adding new fish every so often. And then, I realize that I am way over stocked and need to remove fish from the tank. Unending cycle ... :D

#13 ·
dntx5b9 said:
I usually don't tinker too much with the deco, but always changing the stocking list. Mostly adding new fish every so often. And then, I realize that I am way over stocked and need to remove fish from the tank. Unending cycle ... :D
How do you not? :D I change my fish like I change my underwear :D

#14 ·
Change the deco in my 6ft tank once every couple months for a change. My RD 'wet pet' wont let me change the deco in his tank. Change stocking lists every couple months except my 6ft which took me 6 months of fiddling with stocking list to get it right and afraid to touch in now haha :D

#15 ·
I chose never, but i have moved my tanks about once a year lately, but i almost never rearrange rocks and decorations in the tank(s). I do waterchanges and make as few changes as possible. even when i move a tank i set it back up close to the way it was at the other location.

herb

#16 ·
Once I set up a tank, it's moved everyday ( yeah sometimes hourly ) until I achieve whatever it is I've set out to do. Once everyone has staked a claim, I'm done. If I add or remove fish, I will re-arrange as needed, but otherwise, it remains as is until I have to tear it apart to catch the fry I've waited forever for. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.