Lake Malawi Species • Which Peacock Stand out most to you. VOTE YOUR FAVORITE

Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.

Moderators: Chester B, DJRansome

Which Aulonocara stands out in your eyes.

Ngara Flametail Peacock
24%
Lemon Jake
24%
Lwanda
32%
Red Shoulder Peacock
8%
Aulonocara koningsi Mbenji Blue Regal
4%
bicolor- 500
8%

Total votes : 25

Postby sunny231 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:00 pm

m1ke715m wrote:i find they breed better with more males... peacocks in general.. i have 3 males and 6 females.. i have 2 colored up males and one is a bit brighter than the other and then one male that they both beat the $%$ out of.. mine were breeding pretty regularly and have slowed down.. ill have a female holding for a few days then she'll spit the eggs when i feed the tank.. ima try netting her and putting her in a breeder net next time i see her holding.. but no they arent harder to breed than any other peacock imo.. im breeding ethelwynnaes, albino eurekas, galleriya reefs, chitande type masinjes, chitande type norths, korneliae, ruby reds, and ngaras and I've only had the ethelwynnaes not really breed at all for me but thats cuz i only have 1 male... well the korneliae are too small still so they havent bred and the same with the galleriyas and ruby reds... but if you have the right tankmates and ratios they breed just fine.. I've also noticed that the females when small dont hold for long

great advice bud. thanks for clearing that up for me. so i guess having 2 males rest females should work or the other male prob die?
sunny231

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby m1ke715m » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm

i like having 3 males.. but you can do 2.. it also depends on the fish sometimes you get a hyper dominant fish thats just a jerk and kills any other males... i have really good luck with 3m/6f combos for a bunch of groups of fish... fish will breed with just 1 male but i dont think as much.. the other males really make the dom male stay lit up and wanting to breed
m1ke715m

Postby sunny231 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 pm

m1ke715m wrote:i like having 3 males.. but you can do 2.. it also depends on the fish sometimes you get a hyper dominant fish thats just a jerk and kills any other males... i have really good luck with 3m/6f combos for a bunch of groups of fish... fish will breed with just 1 male but i dont think as much.. the other males really make the dom male stay lit up and wanting to breed

hmm this is great advice. ur lucky that its working for u :(
sunny231

Previous

Return to Lake Malawi Species