Cichlid Fish Forum banner

My haps and peacocks..

35K views 126 replies 40 participants last post by  johnchor 
#1 ·
Just wanna share some pics of my haps and peacocks.. :wink:

[/url]

See less See more
#19 ·
yeah its awesome how they stalk smaller fish and sneak up behind them. Definitely cant keep small fish with these guys, you will see their hunter instinct come out. I have a nice male and one female but he wont color up, *** heard from someone who breeds Exos that they need to be kept in groups with other males for them to color up like your is. Heres mine about 9 inches:

#21 ·
@F8LBITEva Wow! that's huge man! :thumb: Yap, I'm also amazed at how they hunt their prey from a tilted body position and just focusing on one target until finally securing a grip on its prey. This unique behavior of them is also visible as that of a Christyi which hunts its prey the very same manner an Exo does. Yap, for them to show their true color potential you need to have at least 2 males in the presence of 1 female or in my exp even without a female :wink: As one will tower over the other as the dominant one in breeding dress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.