Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Who spawned in your tank today ?!!!!

311K views 2K replies 421 participants last post by  Iggy Newcastle 
#1 ·
A. Stuartgranti Maleri Island- 1st spawn so not expecting much from her

F1 Cyno. Afra Cobue- 1 of 3 holding, other 2 have tubes down- whoohoo, love this fish

#8 ·
#2 of 3 Cy. Afra "Cobue" @ dawn - funny how in this quad; they all hold @ the same time in a 2 or 3 day succession; can't get enough of these guys

#11 ·
1 yellow lab,
another going to spit soon :D
and i dont knw if it counts but 2 guppies dropped too :dancing:

#13 ·
Just watched my Red Zebras spawn. That male goes nuts when he is preforming stud duty :lol: I will be moving mom soon tho. Last 2 times she held the other female tore into her and she either dropped or swallowed her eggs. The first time the other female got her so bad she had a stump of a tail left, the next time wasn't as bad. Mean female is on her last days of holding, so will move the new mom in a couple days. I am hoping she can hold a few days before I have to move her.

#17 ·
Stussi: Our tanks seem to be on the same schedule....2 of my "juvie" dems are holding now too! Hey everybody else: Go on over to the "Rate this Tank (Mbuna style)" thread and rate Stussi's tank, and keep that thread going...I want to see more! Back on topic: These are my first cichlids, so this is my first spawn...pretty excited and all...are dems good first-timers or am I not likely to see these first ones come to fruition? I plan to remove them to their own tank in awhile (logisitics of setting up another tank are a bit of a pain right now).

#18 ·
AlphaWild said:
Stussi: Our tanks seem to be on the same schedule....2 of my "juvie" dems are holding now too! Hey everybody else: Go on over to the "Rate this Tank (Mbuna style)" thread and rate Stussi's tank, and keep that thread going...I want to see more! Back on topic: These are my first cichlids, so this is my first spawn...pretty excited and all...are dems good first-timers or am I not likely to see these first ones come to fruition? I plan to remove them to their own tank in awhile (logisitics of setting up another tank are a bit of a pain right now).
Alpha: I'm picking up a 10g when I get home from the Airport on Wednesday night and getting it set up, hopefully in time. The one that is holding right now is actually a bit older than my others, 6 of my fish were almost 2" when I got them and the other 6 were a little more than 1", so I'm hoping this isn't the first time she has been "with Fry" and I get some keepers!

Best of Luck to you!!

#24 ·
i watched my alpha hongi spawn with one of my labs today :x .....hope the multicats get all those fry :thumb: