Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Post Cynotilapia Pictures!

78K views 249 replies 72 participants last post by  promoe 
#1 ·
I wanted to create a post for Cynotilapia pictures... Please post any you have of your Cynos!

#2 ·
Cynotilapia afra Jalo Reef (my personal favorite)

Cynotilapia sp 'Hara' (White top hara)

Cynotiplapia sp 'Lion' Mara Rocks

Cynotilapia afra Cobue albino (RIP)

Cynotilapia sp 'Lion' Lions Cove (Pending)

#4 ·
What happened to your albino afra cobwe?

Cynotilapia sp 'lion' Lions Cove

Cynotilapia sp 'mbamba' Mphanga Rocks (young F1 male)

WC male

WC female

Cynotilapia sp 'chinyankwazi' Chinyankwazi

Cynotilapia axelrodi Nkhata Bay

Cynotilapia sp 'hara'

Best pic I've got so far of C. sp 'lion' Sanga

#7 ·
nick a
What happened to your albino afra cobwe?
He is the only fish I have ever had die of bloat. Actually saved my C. Lion Mara Point who had bloat as well. The albino struggled in my hospital tank for almost a month with an increasing abdomen while I tried just about everything I could think of. I finally did the humane thing and put him out of his misery when he was on his side under a rock no longer able to swim.

BTW, I simply love your last picture.. He is beautiful! Being that you are in Texas, I am guessing you get most of your fish from Dave?

#12 ·
psh... I think I have the worst photos here... someday I'll get some better photos...

C. afra Cape Kaiser (wild pair)

C. afra Lupingu (F1)

C. sp. hara Gallireya Reef (F1)

C. sp. lion Cape Kaiser (wild male - no longer in possession)

C. sp. lion Lion's Cove (F1)

C. sp. mbamba Mphanga Rocks (F1)

#19 ·
Nick A, your likoma are magnificent specimens. Maybe one day, I will have half as many cyno species as you.

I think that the Jalo will be my next attempt. That or if i can ever find ndumbi.

The thing i like the best about cynotilapia species is their unpopularity. I didnt want fish that you could find in a petco. Although most of the females are hideous, no other mbuna out there can match the coloration in an excited cynotilapia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.