General African Cichlid Discussion • Need Help with my Lionheads (steatocranus casuarius)

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: Floridagirl, DJRansome

Need Help with my Lionheads (steatocranus casuarius)

Postby erinm23 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum so i hope i am posting this in the right area....

Having an issue with my breeding pair of lionheads, they had fry and everything was great, mum wsa protecting the fry which where hiding in a litle dark hole inside the cave and dad was chasing away the other fish protecting the cave. Now all of a sudden mum has been kicked out she is not allowed anywhere near the cave at all he chases her away and he is now still protecting the cave however not the hole where the babies where (like the mum was) so now i am unsure if there are any babies even alive or left as there not out and possibly still in the hole (i wont be able to tell unless i lift the rock up which i dont want to have to do)...........
Can anyone help me on what to do, im unsure if there going to "get back together" so to speak or if something has happened to make the male be this way towards her???

Thanks All

Erin
erinm23

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Need Help with my Lionheads (steatocranus casuarius)

Postby Deeda » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:21 am

Welcome to the Forum, Erin.

Your fish are actually called Buffalohead and not Lionhead and while I have never had these species, this Article may help you.
Deeda
Global Moderator

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion