General African Cichlid Discussion • holding..not sure what to do

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: Floridagirl, DJRansome

holding..not sure what to do

Postby grafxalien » Fri May 09, 2008 2:11 pm

I have a m callianos holding, she has been for about 2 weeks now. This is my first time having a fish that is holding so im not sure what to do. She is still in the 75 gal tank with the other fish right now. I know it would most likely be best to move her to another tank, but money is low and I cant get another one right now. I was wondering if I should buy one of those floating plastic breeders to put her in, or just take the chance of letting her spit the fry in the tank and hope they dont get eaten.
grafxalien

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby QHgal » Fri May 09, 2008 2:54 pm

If you can't afford to get another tank just let her spit in the main tank. there will be more babies, once they start breeding, they don't stop.
QHgal

Postby lovemycichlids805 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 pm

If your really low on funds, you could always get the breeder if you would like to keep the fry. If you don't care, then let them stay in the main tank. You could get a 10g at walmart for like $30.00 for the kit. Or you can check out www.craigslist.com for a cheap tank. Have fun! And Congrats!
lovemycichlids805

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion