Aquarium Decoration (Rocks, Plants and Substrates) • Substrate mistake-help?

For discussion of aquarium aquascaping.

Moderators: CjCichlid, notho2000

Substrate mistake-help?

Postby k7gixxerguy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Ok, so my girl is setting up a 20l planted tank. She put one bag of activ flora and needed more. I grabbed the wrong kind and put it in, completely different look, size, etc. They both are for plants and claim to have beneficial bacteria and whatnot. Both had water in the bags. I will be removing it tonight and want to know what would be the best way to preserve it for future use. It was close to fifty dollars for both bags and I won't be able to use it anytime soon, but can't just throw it away. Thoughts? How can I store this, should I let it dry out????
Venustus,Albino DB?,Red Empress,Intermedius,Azureus,Mloto Likoma,Moori,Lwanda,Deep Water,Star Saphire,Chrysogaster,Ndewe,OB Dragonblood,Baenschi,Eureka Red,Ahli,White Ahli,OB Ahli,Lithobates,

Rubescens,Ngara Flametail,Sunshine,Yellow Lab
k7gixxerguy

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Substrate mistake-help?

Postby NeptunesNeighborhood » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:40 am

I usually put my old substrate in ziploc bags and it usually isn't dry when I put it in - I've had some unwanted snails survive for over a month in those... You can also store it in buckets with lids, but since the beneficial bacteria is usually aerobic, they might not have anything to feed on.
NeptunesNeighborhood

Return to Aquarium Decoration (Rocks, Plants and Substrates)