Equipment & Supplies • Anybody heard of these Canisters?

For discussion regarding filters, lights, heaters, pumps, etc.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Postby Gags » Thu May 03, 2012 3:21 am

13razorbackfan There are same thing only thing it aquatop place there name on it....
I have say very much impress with it
Gags

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby SobrietyRocks707 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:29 am

13razorbackfan wrote:Image

Either you're a Daddy, or you have incredibly small feet :o :lol:

Great tip man. I'm gonna have to find one, or similar solution. I've got a power head, but
it's totally different than the maxijet. I have an Aqueon...
90g FX5/CF500 UV
8 Labeotropheus fuelleborni
3 Petrotilapia Tridentiger ?
7 Labidochromis caeruleus
9 Pseudotropheus demasoni
1 Pseudotropheus socolofi
1 BN Pleco
SobrietyRocks707

Postby 13razorbackfan » Thu May 03, 2012 3:32 pm

SobrietyRocks707 wrote:
13razorbackfan wrote:Image

Either you're a Daddy, or you have incredibly small feet :o :lol:

Great tip man. I'm gonna have to find one, or similar solution. I've got a power head, but
it's totally different than the maxijet. I have an Aqueon...
LOL...actually my nephews stuff. He and my little brother spend a lot of time over here.

Yeah...just installed the tip and it works great. I will try and post a pic later.
13razorbackfan

Postby 13razorbackfan » Fri May 04, 2012 7:01 pm

I was missing a small connector tube on my spray bar to make it where I didn't have to use so many elbows. I don't think I am going to use the spray bar but I wanted that little piece anyways. I emailed aquatop yesterday and have received two emails since with a tracking number and they are overnighting the piece no charge. Even before I bought this filter I emailed them to ask some questions. Received response back within 24hrs. I have never dealt with a company in this hobby that has tech/customer service as good as aquatop. It is very refreshing.

Here are some pics I took of the nozzle I fashioned. It is working extremely well.

13razorbackfan

Postby SobrietyRocks707 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm

13razorbackfan wrote:I was missing a small connector tube on my spray bar to make it where I didn't have to use so many elbows. I don't think I am going to use the spray bar but I wanted that little piece anyways. I emailed aquatop yesterday and have received two emails since with a tracking number and they are overnighting the piece no charge. Even before I bought this filter I emailed them to ask some questions. Received response back within 24hrs. I have never dealt with a company in this hobby that has tech/customer service as good as aquatop. It is very refreshing.

Here are some pics I took of the nozzle I fashioned. It is working extremely well.

Awesome! Gives me incentive to play around with some ideas.

I agree with the customer service. Number One factor in
Keeping this filter after the bulb burned after only a week...
90g FX5/CF500 UV
1 BN Pleco
SobrietyRocks707

Postby 13razorbackfan » Fri May 04, 2012 7:23 pm

SobrietyRocks707 wrote:
13razorbackfan wrote:I was missing a small connector tube on my spray bar to make it where I didn't have to use so many elbows. I don't think I am going to use the spray bar but I wanted that little piece anyways. I emailed aquatop yesterday and have received two emails since with a tracking number and they are overnighting the piece no charge. Even before I bought this filter I emailed them to ask some questions. Received response back within 24hrs. I have never dealt with a company in this hobby that has tech/customer service as good as aquatop. It is very refreshing.

Awesome! Gives me incentive to play around with some ideas.

I agree with the customer service. Number One factor in
Keeping this filter after the bulb burned after only a week...
Yeah...it was great. Play around with it a bit but be very careful if you do just use a setup like I fashioned that in your 20g it won't blow fish around all over the place. I would just do it to see the flow then reattach the spray bar. That way you know what you are dealing with when you move it over to your 90g.
13razorbackfan

Re: Anybody heard of these Canisters?

Postby namvet4 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Read this thread, TWICE! Thanks everyone for all your time and effort to share =D> . Always liked Eheim and Fluval, but I am strongly considering an AquaTop based on all I have read here and other forums. :)
namvet4

Postby SobrietyRocks707 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Love mine! Only flaw I see is the fine pads. Do yourself a favor, and buy the Marineland Bonded filter material, cut your own, and increase the flow even more. I even added another 750gram box of Fluval Pre-Filter rings, and the flow is awesome.
90g FX5/CF500 UV
1 BN Pleco
SobrietyRocks707

Postby 13razorbackfan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:28 pm

SobrietyRocks707 wrote:Love mine! Only flaw I see is the fine pads. Do yourself a favor, and buy the Marineland Bonded filter material, cut your own, and increase the flow even more. I even added another 750gram box of Fluval Pre-Filter rings, and the flow is awesome.

I agree....

Even with the stock white pads that come with it the filter does a good job of mechanical filtration. I will be changing my pads out to the blue/white marineland bonded pads as well when I do my first cleaning.
13razorbackfan

Postby Woundedyak » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Bumping this thread since I've had mine up and running for a year now. I'm not really sure were my opinion is? I picked my cf400 on CL for $50.00. in the last year I've had to replace the impeller twice(both times the shaft broke that runs threw the impeller) and the gasket around the UV tube twice. They are both easy fixes, but a little annoying knowing I half to keep parts on back up every six months. Considering my 2217's have been running for years with no issues. For $50 bucks it does a great job. Serviceability,priming,maintenance two thumbs up! Reliability??? I can't completely beat it down since I'm the second owner.
Woundedyak

Postby Joefish978 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Instead of making a separate thread I'll ask here.

I have a newly setup 55gal tank. I have a eheim 2217 on it. I've been eye balling these for awhile. I'm thinking of adding this, but not sure if it would be overkill, SunSun HW-404B 5-Stage External Canister Filter w/ 9W UV Sterilizer.

Would love a 75-90gal tank but, I won't be upgrading from the 55gal anytime soon. I have 10 cichlids and 1 pleco. Would like to add maybe 5 more fish.
Joefish978

Postby B.Roberson » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:42 pm

where is razorback????
B.Roberson

Postby Woundedyak » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Joefish978 wrote:Instead of making a separate thread I'll ask here.

I have a newly setup 55gal tank. I have a eheim 2217 on it. I've been eye balling these for awhile. I'm thinking of adding this, but not sure if it would be overkill, SunSun HW-404B 5-Stage External Canister Filter w/ 9W UV Sterilizer.

Would love a 75-90gal tank but, I won't be upgrading from the 55gal anytime soon. I have 10 cichlids and 1 pleco. Would like to add maybe 5 more fish.

It will be over kill, but can't hurt. Im a huge fan of over filtration. Bonus is, you will only need to break the canisters down every 4-5 months
Woundedyak

Previous

Return to Equipment & Supplies