Equipment & Supplies • Heaters

For discussion regarding filters, lights, heaters, pumps, etc.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Heaters

Postby BurgerKing » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 pm

At the moment, i'm starting a 75g. aquarium for African Cichlids. At the moment I have a 200w. submersable heater, the cost isnt an issue because i'm 16 have a job and dont pay bills. I was thinking about buying one of the heaters that goes in the return tube on my cannister filter but I dont know if it will even be worth it. What should I do?
BurgerKing

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Toby_H » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:56 am

In my experience a 200W heater is sufficient for a 75 Gal tank provided the temperature in the room is not more than 12~15* (F) colder than the tank water and the tank has decent current.

By replacing your current heater with the inline version you mentioned you would reduce the amount of equipment that is in the tank. This gives the tank a smoother look…
The happier you make your fish the happier they will make you

Minimum requirements means minimum happiness for all
Toby_H

Postby Hoosier Tank » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 pm

First, congrats on being 16 and willing to work in order to buy what you want... and not have to worry about "If I can talk Mom and Dad into giving me that much money" :thumb:
Second, I agree with Toby_H, it is purely a visual thing. You said the one you have was a submersible, so that give you better flexability on location to hide it in the tank... but yeah, if you want a inline, go for it. At least your spending YOUR money!!!
180g - CA's Jack Dempsey, Firemouth, Salvini, Texas, Severum

40g long- Malawi

29g Tangs-J. marlieri, L. ocellatus (blue), A. calvus (black), N. pulcher (Daffodil)

2x10g Fry
Hoosier Tank

Postby Hoosier Tank » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Darn double post... we really need to get this fixxed! :x
180g - CA's Jack Dempsey, Firemouth, Salvini, Texas, Severum

40g long- Malawi

29g Tangs-J. marlieri, L. ocellatus (blue), A. calvus (black), N. pulcher (Daffodil)

2x10g Fry
Hoosier Tank

Return to Equipment & Supplies