South American Cichlids • 75G Green Terror Question

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

75G Green Terror Question

Postby leomeow » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi. I'm new to the forum and was wondering if you could help identify the gender for my green terrors. I've tried searching and read about it (hump, tube, colouration, etc.) but i cant still confirm their gender. They were bought at separate times and now being introduced ashe original pair who have had a successful batch decided to attack each other until one has lost its tail (the female/mother/much smaller in size).

I thought i have found a female green terror which is about the same size as the male but cannot really tell if i am correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am not sure how to upload pictures using my mobile but am happy to send a few through email if you could contact me?
leomeow

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: 75G Green Terror Question

Postby snorkel3 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi and Welcome to C-F!!

Click on the Posting Pics link in my signature for instructions. Try and post clear pics if possible.
snorkel3

Re: 75G Green Terror Question

Postby wryan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:48 pm

The anal and dorsal fins on the males will be more pointed on their tips, the tips on the females will be rounded.

This may not be easy to differentiate until they start reaching maturity.
wryan

Return to South American Cichlids