Cichlid Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Terrors!!!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Deeda 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase one? that will ship to Texas. Thanks!

#4 ·
I spent a long time looking for Red Terros - Aquabid (as CjCichlid pointed out) has someone selling them now for like 50 bucks. If you are like me and are weird about ordering fish you have not seen in person, then I recommend the Mayan Cichlid for now until you are able to locate a TRUE Red Terror. They are extremely similar in color and aggression with the Red Terror. I bought a Mayan and love it, he is still pretty small and lacks some color, but from the research I have done he will color up nicely. Not quite the red terror, but considering I bought mine for 10 bucks - it is hard to complain..

#5 ·
Yeah, on aquabid there are some people I'd feel comfortable ordering from, but most of them, not so much. Especially something expensive that may not be the real deal like red terror or discus.

You'll be waiting a long time for it to be mainstream though. Super aggressive fish are hard to deal with. If you see a blue buttikoferi or black umbee or red terror and don't get it, you may not get another chance for a long while.

#6 ·
Red Terrors are not uncommon in the Midwest US. There are a couple of people in Chicago and Milwaukee who have bred them, also Detroit, and Cleveland. There is usually someone selling them at the OCA Extravaganza in November. I've seen them in several LPS.

I believe an inquiry into where to buy fish is supposed to be placed in the Classifieds section of the website. Usually the moderators lock these threads, and say to PM the OP if you have recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.