South American Cichlids • SA stocking ideas for 75 gallon

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

SA stocking ideas for 75 gallon

Postby Houston26 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 am

Hey guys my first post here, Just had a few questions about some possible stocking ideas for a 75 gallon SA/CA cichlid tank.
These are a few of the set ups that I am considering going with but I was hoping you guys could give me some input or suggestions as to what works well in a 75 gallon.

* 1 oscar as a single wet pet
* Severum w/ a chocolate cichlid
* couple severums with some silver dollars
* jack dempsey and a green terror

I do prefer larger cichlids but understand that I am somewhat limited by the size of my tank. Really having a tough time deciding on what im gonna put in the new tank. Open to all advice & suggestions so have at it!
Houston26

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: SA stocking ideas for 75 gallon

Postby tbromme2232 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:40 pm

My first choice would be an Oscar, then deck out your tank with sweet aquascaping; as in a really cool driftwood set up with anubias in and around it, or driftwood with Mondo grass, then make some cool rock piles/structures.

Second choice would be a tank with like 4-6 Convict Cichlids of similar size. Convicts get max 6" and usually have a cool temperament when they're in a big tank with lots of hiding spots.
tbromme2232

Re: SA stocking ideas for 75 gallon

Postby Houston26 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 pm

still looking for some insight people all input is apprecieted
Houston26

Return to South American Cichlids