South American Cichlids • How big are your german rams?

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

How big are your german rams?

Postby gutted » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:44 pm

How big are your german/gold/electric blue rams? And how old are they?

I've bought all my rams from different breeders at the 3-4 month range. I have german blue rams that are about 8-9 months old. The male is a little under 2" and two females are 1.25". My long fin gold rams are 7-8 months old. Two males and one female are about 1.25". One of the males has a very long tail but Im not including that in the measurement because body wise, hes the same as everyone else. Last but not least, my electric blue rams are 7 months old. The two males and two females are 1.25". The electric blue rams were tiny at 4 months. They were smaller than any of the rams at the same age but now theyve caught up to everyone else (except my male german blue). It seems like everyone is just flat lining growth wise.

One local breeder I talked to (didnt buy from him though) had a few beautiful 2.5" rams and said they were about a year old. The breeder I got the electric blue rams from said the rams he kept in smaller breeding tanks grew a lot bigger than the rams that were kept in a 55 gallon that housed other rams from the same spawn.
gutted

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: How big are your german rams?

Postby Siggav » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 am

My females are around 1.5 inches and the males 2. I don't know how old they are, just got them a few days ago but I think they're fairly young.
Siggav

Re: How big are your german rams?

Postby gutted » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:26 pm

nice size

no one else?
gutted

Return to South American Cichlids