South American Cichlids • Angel fish and and aggressive cichlids?

Discussion regarding only South American Cichlid species. (Oscars, Geophagines, Discus, Apistogramma, Green Terrors, Angels, Severums, Pikes, etc.)

Moderators: notho2000, Iggy Newcastle

Re: Angel fish and and aggressive cichlids?

Postby kingofangelfish » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:53 pm

Hey I also have a few angels i would like to join with my small tilapia ( 3.7in), my angelfish are 4 in long and 5 tall, will they get along?
kingofangelfish

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby jamntoast3 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:58 pm

a jag is a much bigger fish than a jd, and very aggressive. they would never encounter an angelfish in the wild, they would eat smaller ones i'm sure but not a grown fish. i personally dont have experience with the other cichlids mentioned but i have kept my angelfish with a few different cichlids who can sometimes be aggressive the largest being my oscar. imo i would add a angel(s) to a tank like this and let them grow up, probably a few so there is more than one "target" just in case. i wouldnt however add an angel to a tank where a jd or a green terror had been living solo because they will see the tank as their territory and will prob try to kill it. it always come down to the individual, you might have mellow fish. they might become killers one day, you wont know why.
jamntoast3

Postby UB15 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm

I put a large Angel in a 50 with a variety of Severum, convicts etc.. last week. I also have 6 large Danio's as Dither's and all is good so far. First sign of trouble and out she goes.
UB15

Postby DeadFishFloating » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:50 am

UB15 wrote:I put a large Angel in a 50 with a variety of Severum, convicts etc.. last week. I also have 6 large Danio's as Dither's and all is good so far. First sign of trouble and out she goes.

50 gallon?

Need a way larger tank long term.
Dwarf Cichlids. Big personalities in small packages.
DeadFishFloating

Previous

Return to South American Cichlids