Cichlid Fish Forum banner

tattoo?

14K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  spotmonster 
#1 ·
So was juss sittin here at work....and i was wondering if anybody out there has tattoos of cichlids on them?....if so post a pic id love to see the artwork :D

#12 ·
Afrowanksta said:
Not a cichlid, but a fish non the less

Designed it myself
7 hrs under the needle, all done in one day

awesome tatt :drooling:

#14 ·
former shop owner here.. nice design, but shoulda went for realism IMO.. and the koi is popular not for the fish itself, but the long life and prosperity it brings .. nice tat though... makes me long for another

#16 ·
Im not taking a shot at the work done just the fact that coi are popular to get done, go to any parlor and look at flash there is coi up the wazoo. SO the fact that there is so many coi tattoos is lame.

Also ink doesnt make for longer life and prosperity.

*puts flame retardent suit on*

#18 ·
omg I spelled koi wrong. And sorry guys i dont mean to seem like an a hole but it was just my opinion, just like the one guy said that lionfish would be better if it was realistic, IMO I think it is very neat and very special to the person who designed it and had it done, and is better than a realistic portrayal. Also the squid is coo.

#20 ·
i have a coi myself which is what sparked me to ask this question....ill get a pic up soon

#24 ·
Koi WIP but no Cichlids. Never thought of that. Some Comps with a bunch of Cyps would make for a cool scene.

Im going to get a reef scene next on my leg since my arms are taken up and I also like above am getting a Lion but no a tribalesq type. A more realistic type.

I kind of want that UV color just for this crazy idea I have. I want my corals in my reef scene done with it so when Im at the aquarium or just next to a actinic light it glows like in real life :thumb:

Theirs nothing wrong with Koi pieces at all. They are traditional pieces. The only problem is when people feel they should get one cause it is in fact so popular.

Oh and to be serious. squid and octopus are also as popular just not as advertised. I know at least 3 people personally that have them and I know the drummer from Stuck Mojo has a huge one on his leg. They do make for something unique tho : =D> .

#25 ·
Koi tattooes are awsome, there is also a lot more to it then just a Koi fish.

There is a lot of symbolisem in Koi tattoo's

Koi Tattoo Meaning

Determination
Aspiration
Bravery
Perseverance
Success
Luck
Excellence
Good fortune
Willpower
Transformation
Intelligence
Diligence

Other Koi tattoo meanings:

Gold koi = wealth and prosperity
Platinum or silvery koi = success in business
Black koi = most likely to cross Lung Men and win transformation into dragons. Symbolic of success after a change.
White koi = advancement in social settings (career and family)
Red koi = (red markings) success in love and romance.

So the koi tattooes is sacret tattoos that "will" give the person who wear the tattoo these powers, atleast according to the japanese myths and "folklore" and thats pretty cool in my book.

Not that I belive that you get special powers from tattoos, there is still a several thousind year old history behind the tattoos and one can try to respect that atleast.

Or do people just think that something that have been popular more then 2000 years is lame?

Id love to come up with a trend n design that will last 2000 years! :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.