Lake Malawi Species • 55 Gallon Malawi Tank Finished!

Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.

Moderators: Chester B, DJRansome

55 Gallon Malawi Tank Finished!

Postby Steveboos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 am

http://youtu.be/9uh4QRm4lRE

Finally finished the rocks and filtration. Running an EX70 Whisper and a AC110 on the 55 Gallon. 7 Yellow Labs, 4 Yellow Tail Acei, and an Unknown Peacock I'm trying to identify.

Let me know what you think!
125 Gallon Tank: FX5(w/ DIY Spraybar) and AC110
19x Pseudotropheus Demasoni, 20x Labidochromis Caeruleus, 4x Pseudotropheus Acei (Yellow Tail), 1 OB Peacock, 3 Bushynose Plecostomus (Ancistrus sp.)
Steveboos

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby 13razorbackfan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 am

I think it looks very good. I like the background...it matches your rocks very well. Good job.
13razorbackfan

Postby Steveboos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks! I love changing up the look of my tank and yesterday i found a place that sells round river rock and i am going to change over to that for a more rounded look.
19x Pseudotropheus Demasoni, 20x Labidochromis Caeruleus, 4x Pseudotropheus Acei (Yellow Tail), 1 OB Peacock, 3 Bushynose Plecostomus (Ancistrus sp.)
Steveboos

Postby 13razorbackfan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Steveboos wrote:Thanks! I love changing up the look of my tank and yesterday i found a place that sells round river rock and i am going to change over to that for a more rounded look.
Well...I would just make sure they match your background because I assure you from the video it makes the tank appear very deep.
13razorbackfan

Postby DIAMOND_CICHLIDS » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:57 pm

13razorbackfan wrote:I think it looks very good. I like the background...it matches your rocks very well. Good job.

I agree with him/her. the rocks fit perfectly with your backgroung. If you go with river rocks, the backgroung wont fit anymore...But thats not a big deal, its easy to fix :roll:
70 gallons: cyno. Sp haras, labido sp perlmutt, pseudo saulosi
6 gallon
125 gallons : mixed malawi males

http://www.youtube.com/user/StraightFlint?feature=mhee

Please excuse my french :p
DIAMOND_CICHLIDS

Postby ws812 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:31 pm

the peacock is just a typical OB peacock(hybrid) good looking at that size. nice tank!
ws812

Postby Steveboos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah the more i look at it, you all are right, i am just going to keep the current rocks in there, just i might get a few more and make the work up towards the back to keep it flowing back to front.

Thanks for all the compliments, i had a dream for this tank and it came to fruition very well!

Also ws812, i figured he was, but didn't know for sure. Thanks for the confirmation!
Steveboos

Return to Lake Malawi Species