Aquarium Setup • cichlid lighting help

New to the world of cichlids? For discussion on how to set up new tanks, including placement, filtration, substrates, water, etc. No stocking discussions here.

Moderators: triscuit, fmueller

Postby newcichlidz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:57 pm

DanniGirl wrote:
Jayse wrote:BTW, do you have a vid or pics of how you did your background? I've never seen a DIY with that good of a natural detail to it.... that doesn't look so....DIY. Thanks

Oh, I can assure you it's my own creation. I've done some conceptual work so I've had practice working with Styrofoam.

As for that background, I may have a couple pictures but I'll have to find them. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have photographed the entire process. I'll be starting another background in a couple months and this time, the process will be documented. :thumb:

sameee could you pm ur diy pictures to me aswell

also i used concrete on my backround so if i keep plecos will they strip the cement? i have a pretty strong layer of cement.. if so what other fish could i keep to help with algae

thanks
newcichlidz

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby DanniGirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks for the compliments. If I can't find the pictures, I have a couple of sketches. That's pretty much how I start any piece of work- sketches, moch-ups, then final product. I'll send ya a PM discussing the details. I don't want to hijack this thread. :thumb:
DanniGirl

Previous

Return to Aquarium Setup