Aquarium Setup • rate the the tank above you!!!

New to the world of cichlids? For discussion on how to set up new tanks, including placement, filtration, substrates, water, etc. No stocking discussions here.

Moderators: triscuit, fmueller

Postby 13razorbackfan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Cerdik wrote:Nice and simple. "7" for me. (Hide the equipment and you are at 8 :thumb: )

Here is my..

That is one of the best if not the best backgrounds I have seen. Did you make it?
13razorbackfan

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby laserblue16 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Rating the tank for SND here. I'll say 8, if the slate was a little better stacked i would have given you more. Heres mine, no fish yet, picking up a breeding group of 12 demasoni in 2 hours.
laserblue16

Postby ParrotKeeper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 pm

I would give a solid 8 for that, nice clean setup. Offwhite rocks really stands out against the dark substrate. Cheers !!!

Here is mine

Parrot keeper
ParrotKeeper

Postby Cerdik » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 pm

13razorbackfan wrote:
Cerdik wrote:Nice and simple. "7" for me. (Hide the equipment and you are at 8 :thumb: )

Here is my..

That is one of the best if not the best backgrounds I have seen. Did you make it?

Thank you! :wink:
Yep, made it myself. 14 days of hard work :) .
Actually, Im writing the "manual" for everyone who like's it. I will post it in couple of days. Have a look in here for some photo samples http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=242366[/url]
Cerdik

Postby VladimirGregr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 am

I give 9 to Cerdik, very nice tank and nice background!

And 5 to parrotkeeper. Try to remove the background and replace some stones to give the tank simpler look - place only one kind of rocks, preferably some gray or other dark round stones and the tank will look much better! But thats only my opinion.

Here is my new fishtank, how do you like it?

VladimirGregr

Postby 13razorbackfan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:05 pm

^^^you guys have some sweet backgrounds and rocks to match....very impressive.
13razorbackfan

Postby JimA » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Vlad, gonna give you a solid 9.99 only reason for the deduction is the green intake tube.

It's a stunning tank!!! My rocks were very close to what you have untill the growth took over, which my Tropheus really like to munch on.

I will throw mine up there only because I moved a couple of rocks out. :lol:

The only difficult day was yesterday.
JimA

Postby Jayse » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Vladimir, I have to ask.... What are the two rocks in the front left that have a marbling to them?
112g- Dry and empty
55g - Currently setting up
40g - Yellow Tail Acei
10g - Hospital tank
Jayse

Postby VladimirGregr » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:42 am

Jayse wrote:Vladimir, I have to ask.... What are the two rocks in the front left that have a marbling to them?

All rocks in the tank are "Nero Ebano". But its hard to find some it the stores. Try some shops specialized in gardens and decorations.
VladimirGregr

Postby theoryguru » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:47 pm

JimA wrote:Vlad, gonna give you a solid 9.99 only reason for the deduction is the green intake tube.

It's a stunning tank!!! My rocks were very close to what you have untill the growth took over, which my Tropheus really like to munch on.

I will throw mine up there only because I moved a couple of rocks out. :lol:

Vlad - what JimA said re: green intake, otherwise excellent. Also I noticed those marbled rocks as well, I wish I can get my hand on them

JimA - I PM'd you a few months ago as I thought your setup was one of the most naturalistic tanks I've come across. I give a strong 9 because I preferred your previous rockscape, get them rocks back in there! post the your other photo too. Still a beauty.

And mine...
theoryguru

Postby Wspchef2001 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:24 am

Dame I'll give that a 9 the Lights pop in that tank. Nice fish! Here is my new 55g.
Image[/url]
Wspchef2001

Postby jackskellington101982 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:09 pm

I give it an 8. You are in the same boat as i am, In need of a good 3D background. With that I think solids 9.5's
Here is my 125 freshly preped for my mixed alunocara which I should have in there in about 2 weeks, Ignore the dithers I have them in there to keep my bacteria up.
Paul Miller A.K.A. mbuna125
jackskellington101982

Postby jackskellington101982 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 pm

And here is my 26 betta which the orange normal will be moving to a new fluval edge and the 26 will house my new mustard gas betta.

So I guess who ever is next gets to rate them boath haha. Thanks guys.
Paul Miller A.K.A. mbuna125
jackskellington101982

Postby mfish1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:31 pm

jackskellington101982 wrote:And here is my 26 betta which the orange normal will be moving to a new fluval edge and the 26 will house my new mustard gas betta.

So I guess who ever is next gets to rate them boath haha. Thanks guys.

I like the feng shui, so ill give it an 8.

Here is mine. It's a room divider so there is no background on it. I've since added a new cave in the middle but this is the only pic of the whole tank i have right now...
mfish1

Postby AulonoKarl » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm

It's hard to say because it's so dark, but I'll give it a 7. I like your choice of rocks, but they are a bit too organized, IMO. The fish from what I tell look to be gorgeous. I'd like to see them in some light.

Still work in progress. Picking up a new bulb this week, then my lighting will be done... for now.
It's, I'd say adequately filtered, but I'm going to work on overfiltering the heck out of it as the fish get bigger.
AulonoKarl

PreviousNext

Return to Aquarium Setup