Cichlid Fish Forum banner

rate the the tank above you!!!

1M views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  Discusluv 
#1 ·
scale for 1 to 10 ..rate the tank above you....then post the pic of your tank for the next one to rate and keep this post going... :thumb:
[/img]

See less See more
#2 ·
I am assuming 10 is high...

I would rate cichlids _killer's tank a 7.

Love the style of the rock, sand, use of depth, black background. I think the height of the tank could be better used though, there is a lot of empty space since the rocks barely make it half way up the tank. Also, don't see many fish, other than the few yellow labs and some peacocks, are there others in there? If not, up your stocking, it looks like you have plenty of room!

Here's the next tank to rate:

Reactions: lilisamuel3887
#3 ·
Both great tanks!

I'd have to say the tank above is a good 7. I really like the choice of rock and the hardscape. It's just me but I'd want a little more randomization in the rock pile placement. But I understand this may well be as-is due to territory requirements. I think the way the rock piles are built up are fantastic, nicely done!

I'll go for one of mine from the other end of the spectrum now:

#4 ·
I like it, very natural looking, I give it an 8 because I think it really captures the fish's natural habitat. The cover is great and there is still plenty of open swimming room.

Not the best I know but I'm looking for suggestions on how to make it better so your ideas and critisizm are very appreciated! :)

#5 ·
I'll give it a 5, kinda plain and bare. First it needs a background, either a painted back or a stick-on. That will help hide the filters. Also without knowing what is stocked in it, if it's mbuna you need tons more rocks. Now, I like the sand substrate and it is so clean looking I think you are doing a great job in the Maintenance dept.

#6 ·
Very nice Hoosier,

I give it a 7…

Very clean looking tank… Nice rock work… Substrate looks good….
I would rate this tank higher, but I think the greenery looks a little out of place.

#7 ·
I'll give this one a 7. I'd give it an 8 with darker substrate.

Here's mine full of whoppers. You can see my sig line for stocking. Click on the image for a larger version...

#8 ·
I'll give your's an 8. I love how the driftwood looks, and either those are some darn big fish, or the tank is small lol (im guessing darn big fish)

Here is mine, still sort of under progress, I personally think mine needs more slate, sorry about the cloudiness, just got finished with a water change and sand tossing lol.

PS, and any non african cichlids you see in there are going into my 125 I am getting today :)

#10 ·
cc_woman said:
I'll give your's an 8. I love how the driftwood looks, and either those are some darn big fish, or the tank is small lol (im guessing darn big fish) :)
Yeah, they're pretty big, lol. Albino Oscar is about 14" for reference. The tank is 190g, stocking is in my sig line.

For h0nkzz, I'll give you an 8. Very nice shellie set up. You might have gotten a 9 with more plants. But really, really good job. :thumb:

Africans in the 54g bowfront...

#11 ·
easilly an 8, the driftwood and plants look amazing. If you had more rockwork behind the wood I'd rate it higher.

Here is my 75:

#12 ·
first to say thanks everyone to share their tank and keeping this post going......c'mom people join in let everybody see your tank
Ravenatnm u got a 8 ..really nice setup .love that river rock stacking up together
well here's my 75 gallon tank ..i know the background gotta go but i just dont have the times for it yet ..when i do its wil be black like the 210gallon on my 1st post

#13 ·
I'll give you a 7, I like the rock work in your tank, but you are right, that background is just too busy :)

Here is another tank, don't have a current pic which it looks much nicer now than without all the cloudiness. Once the plants fill in it should look nicer. Another one of my tanks that is still under construction lol. This was a few hours after setting it up, 40 gallon tall.

#16 ·
I will dive in here and rate cichlidnub so the post doesn't die there. I like the rock choices and how the colors are separated, but still look natural. Contrasts nicely with the sand. I give it a 7.5.
(now I have started trouble with the decimal :))

So here is a blurry pic of my new tank:

Stocking list is: Cyps Blue Flash, Xeno Bath, White Calvus, Multies. They are all juvies so they don't show real well in a picture.

#18 ·
I give the tank above a 6.9 :D

I think it's a 7 for intention - the scape is really good and although it's ordered it's not too structured, however it would have scored more with me it there were more shape to it - a lot more height and perhaps a break or two in the gradual slope. Some more rocks scattered in the foreground and it would be a 7.5-8.

:thumb:

So I'll jump in with a tiny tank now - a 10 gallon shell-dweller set-up:

:fish:

#19 ·
I'd give that a 10. Perfect placement of hardscape. Great looking rocks and very natural.

Here's the 29 gallon I put together with DIY background and DIY holey rock. Going to stock it with p. saulosi soon, right now there's just a small severum keeping it cycled.

#20 ·
:thumb: Wow thanks! Awesome background!

Anyway, I'm not jumping the line to rate or post a new one (just yet), I just wanted to add that all the tanks so far have been brilliant. Nice to see so many participants, and it's great to see so many different tanks in one thread!!

:thumb: :thumb:

#22 ·
This is fun.

That's an 8. I like the sand.

Here's my old 55g growout.

#25 ·
ok... time to participate in this game :)

i give the above tank a 7...
i like the black sand and the driftwood peice on the right... i think the left should be the rock quarters, but i guess that depends on what fish are in there.

ok, here's my tank... let me have it. :) :) :)

#26 ·
Nice tank venustus19, i think yours is an 8.

I like all the space the fish have to swim, i would maybe put some fake plants in there if your sand is deep enough to get some color in there if you like. I like the all the caves you have in there, nice job.

This is my 55 gal mixed tank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.