Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Malawi Tank Wietze Bron (350x80x80 / 2200 litre)

173K views 180 replies 75 participants last post by  MAKU 
#1 ·
Hereby I want to present some pictures of my new tank.

Dimensions: 350 x 80 x 80
Capacity: 2200 litre
Aquarium/frame/furniture: custom made
Decoration: Back to Nature backgrounds en modules

Technique:
2 x Clear Control filters with Red Dragon 8000 pumps
Tunze streamingpump 20000 l/h
3 Kw Profiheater
Aqualight dimable units with aquastar and gro-lux T5
Silenta 1200 airpump

supertrio: Buccochromis Rhoadesii, Taeniochromis Holotaenia en Tyrannochromis Maculiceps

Fossorochromis Rostratus couple

Tyrannochromis Maculiceps couple

Cyrtocara Moorii couple

Taeniochromis Holotaenia

Taeniochromis Holotaenia

Taeniochromis Holotaenia

Mylochromis Gracilis

Mylochromis Gracilis

Mylochromis Gracilis

Mylochromis Gracilis

Tyrannochromis Maculiceps en Tyrannochromis Macrostoma

Tyrannochromis Macrostoma

Tyrannochromis Macrostoma

Ahli Iceberg

Ahli Iceberg

Cyrtocara Moorii

Cyrtocara Moorii

Nimbochromis Venustus

Fossorochromis Rostratus

Chilotilapia Rhoadesii

Exochromis Anagenys

Buccochromis Lepturus

Tyrannochromis Maculiceps

Tyrannochromis Maculiceps

Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus

Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus

Buccochromis Rhoadesii

Buccochromis Rhoadesii

Buccochromis Rhoadesii

Buccochromis Rhoadesii

Buccochromis Rhoadesii

See less See more
#11 ·
marco1010 said:
Did you buy all these fish as adults or did you raise from juvie? and where did you order them from

INCREDIBLE tank by the way, I would like one just like that with the large haps.

thanks
Marco,

The Tyranno's are wildcaught (as jung adults), but the Bucco's, Moorii's, Holotaenia's and Venustus for instance are own tank raised fish. I always try to start with small groups (10) of young fish so I can select the best one's. I bye them in Holland and Germany from store's or private persons.

Wietze

#12 ·
When I activate this topic it takes a rather long time to show up. Do you all have that? Is it because of all the pictures or is this just a slow site?
I have already downgraded the pictures to 640x480 pixels which makes them 50K on average.
I dot not have this problem at other forums.

#15 ·
MidNightCowBoy said:
Wow those tyranos are awesome! Are any of them full grown? Would you expect to have some problems when they get larger?

One of the nicest malawi tanks I've ever seen! Good job!

:thumb:
The Tyranno's are indeed great fish. Yhey are not yet full grown. They can get about 35 cm.
I don't expect problems because the tank is large enough and they are not really agressive.

Thank you all for your positive comments !!!

#16 ·
You stole my tank!! I'm calling the police right now. Just kidding :lol: . Very nice tank man!! And i thought saving up for the 220 gallon i want, was over the top!! Just curious, what did it cost you (in euros please) ? I would almost never leave the house with something like that. Congratulations on a VERY nice build!!

#19 ·
jook1 said:
You stole my tank!! I'm calling the police right now. Just kidding :lol: . Very nice tank man!! And i thought saving up for the 220 gallon i want, was over the top!! Just curious, what did it cost you (in euros please) ? I would almost never leave the house with something like that. Congratulations on a VERY nice build!!
Jook, I have done a lot myself (with a friend). The tank, frame and furniture is comletely self made. Large part of the price were the Back to Nature modules and the technique. I think when you want to buy this in a shop it will cost you at least 12K, I have done it for 8.

#20 ·
I swear those BTN modules are a better investment than any car. :lol:

Fantastic tank bro, I'd be really proud of that, especially considering you constructed the majority of it yourself. Beautiful specimens of fish too, I'll have to hunt you down next time I'm in NL and steal, I meant see, it for myself.

:thumb:

#26 ·
What a great looking tank, and an excellent group of fish. I have a few questions.

How are the fish getting along? Lost any due to aggression? Looks like you are close to having an all male tank, I would think the presence of a few females would be enough to cause quite a bit of frustration with so many males.

I'm wondering what you are feeding, any live food?

Is the tank all glass with the wood frame decorative, or is the frame somehow structural? How thick of glass did you go with, and is it tempered?

Looks like most fish have some growing to do, looks quite roomy now though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.