DIY - Projects & Ideas • Blue rope light

This is for do-it-yourself projects and inventions.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Postby SobrietyRocks707 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 am

123vb123 wrote:24hour lights would only promote bills and algae!

Amen to that! :lol:

So, I got up one morning, REALLY early for work. I turned on the light so I could feed them, and
watch them for a little bit (this is routine.) Let me just say that they were all in their hidey holes,
not happy with the light, and didn't even really want to eat.... They were a little irritated :oops:

Needless to say, I think that 13razorbackfan is right. Maybe not about the term "sleep," but I
think fish do need darkness to rest. My light is timed from 5 - midnight.
90g FX5/CF500 UV
8 Labeotropheus fuelleborni
3 Petrotilapia Tridentiger ?
7 Labidochromis caeruleus
9 Pseudotropheus demasoni
1 Pseudotropheus socolofi
1 BN Pleco
SobrietyRocks707

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby 123vb123 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Cajen wrote:123,

In the tanks section, as well as a couple of threads, I have seen the blue LED lights on in tanks, and to me it gives the impression of moonlight... So i guess my intent was to find an economical way to replicate the blue light and the effect it had on the tank. Eventually, will possibly end up with LED lighting with the blue lighting built in. As we all know, the initial cost of setting up a tank can be 'spensive :roll: by the time you get the tank, filter(s) etc... And then 25 fish to stock all at once... Anyway, was just trying to find a lower cost temporary solution

Razorback, I agree with your logic and would only run a couple hours in the late evening.

LED is the future. Not quite as good as T-5 and T-8, but close! And it will save you ALOT of cash in the long run, also its better for the enviorment.

Seems like u already got the question to ur answer!
If the fish had not opened its mouth, it would not have been caught.
123vb123

Previous

Return to DIY - Projects & Ideas