Thanks, Steve, Hi Brady, as a matter of fact, yes, I did work a bit this weekend. I reinstalled the newly gloss black jets and Durso, and then dumped about 85 lbs of Tahitian Black Moon sand, my fist not buff colored sand substrate.
After that, I was on a roll, I put the final finishing touches on the plumbing, specifically, I glued the threaded hose end connectors to the pump and the line, so everything is glued up and watertight now.
I also suspended the light fixture, it's a 60 inch Aquaticlife 4 bulb T5HO with moon LEDs, the freshwater one. It came with 2 6500 or so white bulbs, and a couple that glow blue, they do not have a number printed on them, just a finky name that I cannot recall, but they are the stock bulbs, and 4 pretty bright LEDs. The system has a single timer, you just set the time and it is pre pregrammed to cycle through the variations of white and blue on for high noon, blue is am and pm, and the LEDS come on at night. It's pretty cool, I can play with the program, but I am letting the factory program run for now. It's nice to still be able to see the fish even though the main lights are not on. Here's a married man's testimonial as to how cool this light is: my wife STILL has not asked how much it cost, but has complimented the look several times.
The Aquaticlife mounting system is pretty cool, I found that has a very functional locking mechanism, meaning that I can raise and lower the whole light, or just half of it, at will, very easy to work and it seems pretty sturdy and strong.
Then I had my wife help me from the dry front, distribute the moon sand. I did not rinse the first bag, but I did rinse the next 3, simply by sticking a hose into the bag and letting water run out for a couple seconds. The water was a bit cloudy for the first day, and is still not super clear, but it looks good to me for now.
I also hooked up the finnex 300w Titanium heater and controller, I checked teh water at 55 degrees about 5 last night when I filled it, now it's over 80 and climbing, not bad, I undersized the heater and was worried it would take forever to warm it up. Not so!
Then it was finally time to throw the switch and start the pump for real, nol more test run, I am nearly ready to cycle. SO I threw the switch, and was greeted with the unmistakable sound of water, LOTS of water, hitting the concrete floor if the fish room. Not a leak, a torrent. WHAT!>!>! So I turned it back off, nd much to my relief, there was no plumbing problem, there was simply operator error. I had left the 1" drain line valve open, so the 1" line was tossing 2400 GPH on my floor. I managed to smuggle 4 large garage towels INTO the fish room, but getting them out was out of the question, I had to get a trash bag to save the floor. Luckily, I was able to get the dirty wet mess out into the garage.
So it's been running for about 30 hours now, it is VERY quiet with the new mouse pad/sponge isolator, and the temp is climbing nicely.
The only thing I did not get done this weekend was get rocks, the local rock yard is closed on weekends, which seems goofy to me. I did do some more work on the hidden door, I am really happy with how that is coming out, but no pictures yet.
Here are the photos of the lighting and newly added sand
Here's a shot of the controller
Here's the FULL effect, 2 white and 2 blue bulbs on, high noon
Here's just the blue, still plenty bright, looks differnt to the nekkid eye,
Here's the moon lights
Back shot from inside the fish room
Here's the heater controller,
Well, I am going to hold off cycling until I get some rocks, hopefully this week.
As Porky says, that's all (for now) Folks!
Thanks to everyone for following, weighing in, commenting, suggesting, brain storming, etc.