Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Help me identify this African Cichlid?

662 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  RifterFish 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Very young Cyrtocara moorii
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... hp?id=1061
Another very common Malawi but this one big and relatively peaceful, so only suited to that sort of Malawi tank, 60" or pref bigger long term, about 125 gallons or more.
Prob too young to tell if pure.

All the best James

#6 ·
Yep main prob with em when small or even quite large is they get beeten up by most Mbuna and are quite a common return to shops because of this. Few seem to make it to be problems because of size as they just do not do well enough unless kept with others of the more peaceful Malawi cichlids.
Once breeding produce vast numbers of fast growing young. (They only grow slow when kept with fish that bully them but grow fast in big vats, one species only) Hence a good money maker for the breeders and then shops that sell loads but tend not to warn folk what they need long term.

#7 ·
Yep, Blue Dolphin. They have the cutest faces when they are juveniles. I love their little lips all puckered out. Named my male Pucker. My local petsmart was selling them as Electra haps or something like that on sale for $2.05 a piece. I told them they were blue dolphins but they said that is not what was written on the invoice. I just smiled and bought them all. Really cool fish. I'm not sure how I am going to feel about the large lump on the forehead when they get bigger, but for now I love the way they look. Here are some of the ones I bought:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.