Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Jaguar cichlid question

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Granamyr 
#1 ·
Hey everyone this is my,first post here so,hI everybody! I have kept cichlid for a long time but never the jag I want one now! So here is my idea! I have a soon to be empty 75 gallon so here is my plan. I want to get 4 juvenile jags have them pair off hopefully, and after about 6 or 7 months ,buy a 125 gallon or 150 gallon for them then sell my 75 would this plan work out? I think it might because,they are slow growers from what I hear! So please everyone let's hear your opinions!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!
As a suggestion, I would recommend getting at least 6 juvenile jags, and then let them pair off from there. You can remove the ones that don't pair off. As for the tank, why don't you just get the 125 or 150 gallon now, and skip the 75 gallon. I think it would be kind of a hassle to have to move everything to a larger tank, and re-cycle the water.

#6 ·
My guess is they are going to grow faster than you'll expect and they will be too big for the 75 before you're ready for them to be. Big fish don't get big by growing slowly :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.