Central American Cichlids • 300 gallon tank mates

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

Re: 300 gallon tank mates

Postby rotccapt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 am

hey if anyone is interested i have started building the stand for this tank over on mfk in the diy tanks section look for me there
rotccapt

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby rotccapt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:26 am

so i have decided to tweak my stock list and i wanted to get your opinions. i am going to ditch the balas and the turtle so:

1 tiger oscar
1 male nic
2 female nic
1 green terror
1 salvini
4 firemouth
2 pictus cats
(1 eb jack) still debating on this guy
rotccapt

Postby rotccapt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:29 am

how big do nics need to be before you can sex them? also how big before they start to color up? i have my green terror and 6 nics right now in a 46 gallon bow front till the tank is built
rotccapt

Postby CjCichlid » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 pm

I don't think there is really a specific size, but by 3in or so you should be able to be able to make out their sex pretty accurately. The easiest way to determine their sex is by looking at their fins. Males will have speckled fins while females will not. They should begin to color up around that size as well...
-Chris

135gal Central American Community

Updates and pics: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=237760
CjCichlid

Postby rotccapt » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:20 pm

so after some reading im not sure if the oscar will work with my gt i tryed an albino but i think it died from a sever case of ich so we got a little bigger tiger and we saw alot of agression between the gt and the tiger then the next day the tiger was dead. do you think i will have better luck when i transfer them to the 300 gallon tank?

if i cant do the oscar what do you think of this

1 male gt (already have)
1 female gt
1 female nic (already have)
1 male jd (already have)
1 salvani
2-4 firemouth
10-15 giant danios (already have 5)
2 zebra pleco
rotccapt

Postby infoleather » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:07 am

Do you have a man who lets a DIY plywood box in the aquarium glass or acrylic, or you do something you like?
The women demand these zipper front leather jacket to be according to the current fashion. What you wear Women's double breasted leather jackets at cwmalls.com makes the half of the impression on the people around you.
infoleather

Previous

Return to Central American Cichlids