Cichlid Fish Forum banner

This is what your hybrids could look like. So don't do it.

59K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  PGJE 
#1 ·
Just for all you interested people out there. I kind of want to make a topic that shows all the crosses of species of cichlids. That way people don't try it. OR if your Very very unlucky and these fish just breed like this on you, Which is way more likely lol. SO hopefully this will be a Deterrent just incase people wish to keep the fry. Tho it might cause people to try it. I got another 50 or so pictures of various hybrids.

Cause this video shows a Convict cichlid breed with a Midas. Cant tell the difference, its scary not knowing what your fish can be.

So post your pictures of Central/south American hybrids and tell what species they are. Just so the curious people don't try and breed them and end up being stuck with 1-300 fry and circulate them into the main population,

This is Texas/Red devil.
Scary. Actually I'm starting to like the way it looks.

Not so great when it's Texas/COn. SO don't try it lol

Texas/jaguar hybrid, You can tell by the black marks and more narrow body. Also below the lateral line its purple like a Jaguar.

Jack Dempsey/Convict hybrid.

See less See more
1 5
#2 ·
Going to make more little posts. seeing as I can only have 6 photos per page.

CarpinteXConXDevilXMidas

Firemouth/Blood parrot cichlid.

#3 ·
reserved.

Dovi/trimac. ( Uh how did that happen? They claim its a hybrid. So I will show.)

Managuense-Labiatum Cross

"MANACONDA"
cross of a Jaguar (managuense) and a Red terror (festae)

#8 ·
salukicichlids said:
I really like the texas x red devil
gage said:
I've always liked the look of the BP x Firemouth...
M0oN said:
I would actually pay for that jaguar/festae :)
+1

Your not making a GREAT point. But it is nice to see what they would look like to satisfy my curiosity. Just removed some fish from my "mad scientist: should try." list.

#9 ·
It makes me think of dog crosses. Some mutts can look pretty good but I've never seen a cross with a basset hound that looked very good.

Anyway, I wouldn't breed mutts and I wouldn't breed hybrid fish. Still, I wouldn't mind owning either.

#16 ·
mslancaster said:
Diaster said:
Look at the size of the knife fish behind the Parrot and Firemouth that thing is massive unless its like a blown up picture or something
I was thinking the same thing disaster, Could you give us some info on him/her Lancerlot?

Thanks,
Matt
The site I got it off of. said it was in a 250 with a 17"" clown. the FMxparrot is 2years old. that"s about it.

#17 ·
Firemouth/COnvict Hybrid.

Mother was a FM, father was a COn
Male has the hump. the female is Silver.

Dovii/flowerhorns.

THis is the son of the first fish. If i'm reading the site right.

And this is the daughter of first fish? brother of second.

#19 ·
M0oN said:
Head over to monsterfishkeepers.com if you guys want to see large predatory fish. You won't get a decent education on them over here, but you'd be surprised what kind of apex predators will live happily with cichlids.
I love that site. Great fish. Didn't understand what they were asking but makes sense now. Im used to seeing Huge fish and cichlids mixed. Guess others arn't.

Anyways.

Dovi/Convict hybrid. (this baffles me lol)

Dovi/Maniguenses. Firs gen hybrid. Has orange eyes instead of red eyes.

#20 ·
just remember these pictures arn't here so you can try and get these fish. its a deterrent. There's so many hybrids out there. Its not even funny anymore.

Flowerhorn/red terror hybrid.

#22 ·
M0oN said:
You might want to quit posting these shots then - I've already started looking for a high grade manaconda ;)

Also, with the exception of the managuense/texas hybrid - all of these are quite obviously mutts.
Im avoiding the pretty/obvious ones. For obvious reasons :D. I also want a Manaconda lol

Haha just Remember what Manaconda was. LMFAO>

#26 ·
joeyballz said:
Lancerlot said:
just remember these pictures arn't here so you can try and get these fish. its a deterrent.
LOL this is back firing on you. I'd grab a manaconda or jagexas in a second if I saw one. I don't have a problem with hybrids as long as they are sold as hybrids.
Oh I know. but at least the end results are satisfying some peoples curiousity. I know I would have wanted some of theses hybrids. but I didn't know what they look like. Now I do. so its over. :D

Blue convict as some people call them.

HRP/and regular Convict cichlid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.