Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Hi heres my Jaguar Cichlid - New member

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Hubbynz 
#1 ·
Hi i'm not sure if my fish is central or southern but shes a great fish all the same.

12" Jag, approx 3 or 4 years old currently in a 40 gal tank on its own.

So hello from me Matt

See less See more
#5 ·
nice looking jaguar! however isnt he in a very small tank @ 40 gallons. i was under the impression that the minimum was "For a single specimen 125g tank should be used to comfortably house it and a breeding pair should have 180g or more and must absolutely be kept alone. A single full-grown jag should be kept in a 180g if tank mates are present."
i keep my juvenile in a 55 gallon only because he is under 6" and might be eaten otherwise.
these guys get bigger then oscars so he definitely should be in a larger tank. :thumb:

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum!
Sheffield, eh? Isn't that where Def Leppard's from? (they're one of my favorite bands...mostly their late 80's/early 90's stuff though)

Anyway, nice jag! :thumb:
Tank setup is pretty spiffy-looking too, but I agree about getting something larger for him/her (sorry...I'm terrible when it comes to sexing jags :oops: ).

BV

P.S.
cage623 said:
Darn! I miss spelled cichild. :oops:
And that would be strike two!!! :roll: :p

#17 ·
Shroob said:
fishyfishyfish said:
barnsley me. Small world innit.

Do u know a good store for cichlids round here?

I've heard there's a really good one in mexborough but I'm not sure where it is.
PM'd, not sure about the one in mexborough.

Also, wondering if anyone knows the sex of this jaguar cichlid?
She is a (well she) on account of it laying some eggs that went manky and every now and again its tube thing comes out and it won't eat and it bites the heck out of my fingers when cleaning tank.

I have to wear marigolds and elastic band when cleaning (quite embarassing) :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.