Central American Cichlids • Beautiful Trimac Cichlid vs Flowerhorn Amphilophus Trimacul

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

Beautiful Trimac Cichlid vs Flowerhorn Amphilophus Trimacul

Postby mrcichlidman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0b8K7VOP1A
[youtube]b0b8K7VOP1A[/youtube]
Discover this awesome Trimac Cichlid. This is not a flowerhorn. A beautiful Trimac is often call a flowerhorn Cichlid, but it not. This is a fish found in the wild of the amphilophus family. Trimaculatus is one of the most colorful of the amphilophus family. Pure Trimac Cichlid!
Trimac amphilophus trimaculatus cichlasoma "red devil cichlid" flowerhorn "flowerhorn cichlid" "flowerhorn fish"
mrcichlidman

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Beautiful Trimac Cichlid vs Flowerhorn Amphilophus Trim

Postby mlancaster » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi mcichlidman,

That is an amazing trimac. How long is it? Thank you for sharing.

Thanks,
Matt
mlancaster

Postby mrcichlidman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:52 pm

thanks alot She is 6 1/2 long.
mrcichlidman

Postby pitdogg2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 pm

IMHO the "Flowerhorn" was the worst thing that could of happened to the Tri-Mack. The FH breeders dump their culls into the wholesalers as Tri-Macks which now starts polluting the breed stock.

6" Tri-Mack nice but you got a long way to go....get back to me when it's 14" long and 3"wide and knocks your glass lid wide open when he wants fed.
pitdogg2

Postby mrcichlidman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:19 am

I agree with you with the Flowerhorn. You have to know what a true trimac is otherwise you may be getting some watered down fish. What do you mean when you said "Trimac nice but you got a long way to go"? why did you say get back to you when the flower knocks the glass lid open? I dont understand.
pitdogg2 wrote:IMHO the "Flowerhorn" was the worst thing that could of happened to the Tri-Mack. The FH breeders dump their culls into the wholesalers as Tri-Macks which now starts polluting the breed stock.

6" Tri-Mack nice but you got a long way to go....get back to me when it's 14" long and 3"wide and knocks your glass lid wide open when he wants fed.
mrcichlidman

Return to Central American Cichlids