Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species • 55 gallon victorian tank

Discussion regarding only Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species.

Moderators: StructureGuy, samaki

55 gallon victorian tank

Postby skrillex » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:06 pm

wondering if i could get me some help on a stocking for a victorian cichlid tank, it used to be mbuna and im converting it something else so im exploring my options , im trying to downsize tanks so im gonna take what victorians i have and try to put them in together and add to it

what i have now
a pair of ruby greens
a trio of parabaldochromis sauvagei

what should i add to these current groups, and also what are some other species a could add to this? I've never had a victorian community so not sure what it really looks like

also some tips on decor would be good :D rocks plants etc
also one more question could i have dithers?

thanks alot!
skrillex

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: 55 gallon victorian tank

Postby NLaferriere » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:13 am

You could get away with Ptyochromis sp. "Hippo Point Salmon" or Paralabidochromis sp. "Red Fin Piebald" as both run the least risk of hybridizing and are still in the less aggressive category.
NLaferriere

Postby NLaferriere » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:15 am

Or you can always keep it a two species tank and try to obtain more or just raise some fry up once you get em going.
NLaferriere

Postby rafini » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Here is my male "Rock Kribensis"

Females are bright yellow and males will develop a blue face and red on their body and fins. I have a group of 6 (5f 1m) ranging in size from 1" to 2.5" and they are a colorful active addition to any aquarium. one of the rare cases in Haplochromines where the females are brightly colored too
Sorry I have pics of my females but they are on my camera still
rafini

Return to Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species