Lake Tanganyika Species • 55 G Shell dweller tank

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

55 G Shell dweller tank

Postby mmerton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 am

Hello everyone,
I have a 55 G tank with 6 Multis and 4 Judiochrmis Transcriptus. I'm an plannig in getting another species of fish maybe tomorrow. I kinda want a bottom feeder to help keep the sands looking nice, but i can do that on my own if you think it wouldn't work to have a bottom feeder. Let me know what you think. Also i want to know what fish you would put in here that would work well with my other species. Thanks!
mmerton

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: 55 G Shell dweller tank

Postby Fogelhund » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Personally, I'd go with Parcyprichromis or one of the small Cyprichromis, such as blue flash, or Utinta.. There are other choices though... caudopunctatus....

I wouldn't go with a bottom feeder, they will try and eat any babies and create conflicts.
Fogelhund

Postby mmerton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Okay thank you. I was told on a different form that Giant Danio, Rainbows, or Hatchet fish would also work. I just want to get a second opinion on that. What do you think?
mmerton

Postby Fogelhund » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:01 pm

mmerton wrote:Okay thank you. I was told on a different form that Giant Danio, Rainbows, or Hatchet fish would also work. I just want to get a second opinion on that. What do you think?

I use rainbows all the time... I was just thinking in terms of cichlids for you. Danios work... I wouldn't recommend hatchet fish.... kind of sensitive fish, that would like die the first time they got bit.
Fogelhund

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species