Lake Tanganyika Species • Lamprologus speciosus finally found a group

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

Lamprologus speciosus finally found a group

Postby Warhawk77 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 am

I have been looking for over a month for some Shell dwellers but no luck, even had the LFS looking around for me. But talking to a local Discuss breeder last week and he told me he had a group that he wanted to get rid off. So I picked up 4 Lamprologus speciosus and 6 shells over the weekend.

I know 4 isn't a ideal group for breeding but they are adults and it's all I could get. I can see at least one male and two I think are females, I have them in a 10g Quarantine tank for now but this week their 20g L will be ready. Really hope to get these to breed this spring. Turns out the discuss breeder had Malaysian trumpet snails in the tank too so I got some of those in my quarantine tank too, I think I will pull them not sure I want to deal with snails again.

Should I leave the trumpet snails or try and remove them?
Warhawk77

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Lamprologus speciosus finally found a group

Postby jamntoast3 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:01 pm

it might be cool to have some other shells in the tank, make it maybe a little more natural. of course once they are in the display good luck getting them out.
jamntoast3

Re: Lamprologus speciosus finally found a group

Postby Warhawk77 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:07 pm

I do have a few extra shells but I agree I want to add 6-8 more once I get them moved to their final tank.

I plan on making a video of them or at least some pics of them this week.
Warhawk77

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species